Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
MAZEL TOV MILK MUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!

miriam

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 6:02 pm
Milk Munch gave birth to a bouncing baby girl last Wednesday morning at 3am. Her older brothers are so happy to have her. Hopefully she will be around to fill us in on the other details.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 6:04 pm
Mazel tov! May you be zoche to raise her in the light of Moshiach now!

baby's mom

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 6:21 pm
Mazal tov!! I was wondering where you went.. Wink Can't wait to hear the details!

newmom

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 6:23 pm
Did she have a homebirth? If I remember correctly, I think she is one of the very natural ladies around here.
MAZAL TOV!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:12 pm
Mazel Tov!

Mishie

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 11:16 pm
~~~Mazal Tov Milk Munch~~~

technic

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 12:05 am
mazal tov Very Happy

willow

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 1:15 am
Oh WOW!!!!!Mazel Tov!!!! Very Happy I can't wait to hear all about it. Hope you r feeling good.

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 6:04 am
Mazel tov milk munch!!

yrs1025

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 7:41 am
Mazel Tov!

Milk Munch

Post Fri, Jun 30 2006, 7:14 am
newmom wrote:
Did she have a homebirth? If I remember correctly, I think she is one of the very natural ladies around here.
MAZAL TOV!

lol
yes I did and yes I am.
thank u everybody.
iy'h I will try to post how the birth went ...

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jun 30 2006, 8:01 am
mazel tov!! so nice to hear

Milk Munch

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 8:06 pm
Sorry to take so long...but here is the story:

The birth....was VERY short (three hours) and equally as INTENSE. The only way I got through it was with my husband squeezing my hips with every contraction. Even when the midwife came, I wouldn't let him leave me. And let me tell you, he had quite a workout by the time he was done...(I let him go when it was pushing time). What was ironic about that was that I kept telling my midwife that in our circles, husbands are not "hands on" when it comes to labor. But I absolutely couldn't let him go. The midwife simply wasn't strong enough to push as hard as I needed. I remember feeling during labor that he was literally saving my life.

Pushing was also very very hard. The painful contractions didn't let up, and on top of it was painful pushing. It was so fast and intense. I didn't get a small urge to push that slowly built up into a big urge. It was monstrous to start with! I was trying not to push so hard ...was waiting for the ring of fire, and then the numbness that follows....but the numbness didn't come....just the fire. The midwife said "Let go of your baby...you are holding her in!". She would come down and go back up because I was trying to ease her out slowly. So I finally "screamed" her out because it hurt like crazy her whole "exit"....I was so "right brained" the whole time too....my body couldn't catch up. So while I was screaming I was also thinking that I was scaring the wits out of my husband! (which I did, I apologized later!)
Well, the baby came out and my midwife let me discover what it was (boy or girl). I looked, and looked again! I said to my husband "No need to call R' Heller this time..." (the mohel) Then I looked at her and said "I hope you like trucks!" (because my older two are boys)
I also had a hard time getting the placenta out. I just absolutely positively couldn't push at all. After a while, the midwife cut the cord and my husband held the baby. She helped me to the bathroom and as soon as I sat down on the toilet it slid out with no effort from me. My husband planted the placenta the next day in our yard. Not for any romantic reason, it was either plant it or put it in th freezer till for a week till garbage day...LOL
Thank G-d she was pink as a rosebud. (even if her nose was slightly smooshed to the side) I certainly wasn't anticipating such a birth again. (Similar to one of my sons, just a lot shorter). But if it had to be that way, and least it was abbreviated!
It was really awsome being at home. It was so quiet and peaceful. We were in the dark the whole time. Just night lights and the bathroom light on. I got into a warm bath afterwards which was so soothing to my sore bottom! I also was able to get into my own queen size bed. I didn't have to wake my other kids and shlep them out in middle of the night, or have them wake up to find thier mother and father out of the house. My husband certainly appreciated not having to shlep out to bring me food or having to transport a newborn baby. I didn't have to contend with any "policies" or "schedules" other than our own.
I can't imagine having done it any other way and IY"H hope to do again!

baby's mom

Post Sun, Jul 16 2006, 8:14 pm
What a story! Wink
Was that your first HB? How's everything else going?

Milk Munch

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 9:05 am
Yes, it was my first. My second son was born in a free standing birth center and my first in a hospital.
B"H things are going really well. I dont' know if its just a girl thing but she actually likes to sleep at night!

gryp

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 4:11 pm
Mazel Tov MM! Smile

miriam

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 8:59 am
Milk Munch wrote:
I dont' know if its just a girl thing but she actually likes to sleep at night!

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

didan

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 9:05 am
B"H

Milk Munch wrote:
Yes, it was my first. My second son was born in a free standing birth center and my first in a hospital.
B"H things are going really well. I dont' know if its just a girl thing but she actually likes to sleep at night!

I had the same thing. First in a hospital, second in a free standing birth center, third at home. Never having a baby outside of my home again! Smile Glad you had a positive experience with it!

Tovah

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 1:44 pm
Mazol Tov!

raizy

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:14 pm
mazel tov. milk munch sorry it took so long. I am finally started to breath a bit. and I am slowly starting to catch up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births