Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken cutlets with barbecue sauce?

greeneyes

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 8:45 pm
I know this sounds silly, but I'm very much a recipe person who likes to have exact instructions. Do any of you prepare chicken cutlets with barbecue sauce? Any specific instructions you can give me? Like, do you bake it or cook it on the stove top? If baking, how long to bake for?

Thanks!!

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 8:57 pm
Please dont be annoyed with me but WHY waste perfectly good chicken cutlets by dumping sauce on them???

I have a student and ALL he eats is "Saucy Schnitzel. The mom said she places it in a frying pan with barbecue sauce and cooks it a few minutes on each side.

gold21

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 9:05 pm
I dont know exact instructions for this recipe: but make sure to marinate the chicken in the BBQ sauce for at least an hour, if possible. It really makes a difference!

joy613

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 3:33 am
Not sure what you mean by exact recipe, but the way I do it is put the cutlets in a pan, pour some sauce over them, make sure they're all covered both sides, and put it uncovered in the oven, first at 350 for about 1/2 hour and then on broil for a bit since we like it with that crispiesh bbq taste to them. they're quite good.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 7:55 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
Not sure what you mean by exact recipe, but the way I do it is put the cutlets in a pan, pour some sauce over them, make sure they're all covered both sides, and put it uncovered in the oven, first at 350 for about 1/2 hour and then on broil for a bit since we like it with that crispiesh bbq taste to them. they're quite good.

These are just the kind of instructions I was looking for! Thanks. Very Happy

Gold21, thanks for the tip about marinating them beforehand. I'll definitely try that.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 7:59 am
ValleyMom wrote:
Please dont be annoyed with me but WHY waste perfectly good chicken cutlets by dumping sauce on them???

I have a student and ALL he eats is "Saucy Schnitzel. The mom said she places it in a frying pan with barbecue sauce and cooks it a few minutes on each side.

If you have a better way of making chicken cutlets, I am totally open to your ideas! Very Happy

I was looking for a way to make the chicken pretty low calorie (so no breading, nothing super sugary or oily), but I also wanted it to be made in a way that my 2 1/2 year old would eat it. I've done barbecue sauce before & it came out pretty good, but I wanted more clear instructions.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:07 am
I see nothing wrong with your idea greeneyes!! I also wanted something low fat etc so the other night I put my cutlets in a pan, poured 1/2 a jar of marinara sauce over them, covered & baked for about 1 hr on 350. They were so moist!!

greeneyes

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 9:49 am
Shopaholic, I'm going to try your idea next time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey