Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Previous  1  2  3  Next

spring13

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 1:15 pm
LOVE them! I can't wait for the next book to come out, but it won't be for ages.

I thought the 2nd book was the slowest, things pick up and really get exciting from the 3rd on. her writing style is more polished at that point, and her historical research is just phenomenal.

mom4life

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 1:21 pm
I also love love love them and I've read them all but the 2nd. My library doesn't have it...

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 2:24 pm
small beans- I just wanted to warn you that the Lord John books are um--- a bit more graphic than the average from reader may want (and yes, this is compared to the other books)

small bean

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 7:50 am
is it really disgusting being that he is gay?

small bean

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 9:38 am
when is book 8 coming out? I keep rereadong 7 - but it's just making it harder to wait for 8

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 11:35 am
http://www.dianagabaldon.com/m.....-out/

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 1:59 pm
Diana Gabaldon is my #1 favorite writer. I adore the "Jaimie and Claire" series. My mom has them all and never throws one out. My sister and I just read them over and over. I very recently read the last one in the series (last one SO FAR, that is). It was good. AND she left us with such a cliffhanger ending that there is no question about there being another one coming. There is just nothing like climbing into bed with a Diana Gabaldon Jaimie and Claire book. Ahhhhhh. LOVE THEM! Do a search on Jaimie and Claire on Youtube and see how many fans there are out there who are planning and casting the movie!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 6:57 am
I got to meet her in person about 5 years ago!

MommytoB

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:08 pm
She is going to be in New York in July!

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 6:28 pm
I just found this series. book 5 I don't know exactly what is going on but loving it. its so well written. I really need to read the first book

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 10:15 am
you do. stop right now. dont read another word. go get the first 4 books and start at the beginning. make sure there is someone else around to cook dinner for the next few nights- you will be too busy reading

zigi

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 8:34 pm
lol! I did I bought the first book. I know what I will be doing on shabos. I am still reading book 5 though. its so well written and interesting.

bamamama

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 11:55 pm
I'm eagerly awaiting book 8, as well. I've been following her FB page and apparently someone has optioned Outlander for a TV mini-series! I have such ideas in my head about what Jamie and Claire look like, though, I'm not sure I want to watch it...Need to reread Echo in the Bone....

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 9:39 am
not mini-series

a series

a real series

no guarantees it will actually be done, but we can hope

zigi

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 7:46 am
ok I read 2 books in 2 days! it didn't feel long, I read some reviews, one disaster after another etc. but it was really good. the first book took some getting into. but the next 2 wow! the imagery and the characters! I don't know I managed to not read this before?

is the show going to be on cable? the way the tudors and the game of thrownes are I am not sure that they will be so great to watch. I want a pg14 version. that would be great, I would love to see who will be jamie!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 8:40 pm
Nothing is set yet. It is in the very earl planning stages

bamamama

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 9:09 pm
She has also written extensively about how when someone options a book for a movie/TV series, she has no control over how it's produced. They could totally change major plot points and characters and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless she wrote some control for herself into the contract (like J.K. Rowling did so maybe a precedent was set there?????)

As for why it took you so long to get into it - it's an extremely goofy premise. She makes it work, but she counts on you continuing to read through your disbelief, initially.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 1:53 am
But that's the thing about her bboks. They cross genres. So we have too suspend our disbelief....that's not uncommon in fiction....its just a bit more noticeable when the book is mainly not fantasy with one fantastical aspect

zigi

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 7:04 am
its everything that I like together. fantasy, romance- they are married, I like that I hate when pple cheat. and historical fiction.

the fantasy. is little hard to buy. how did she get exactly were she wanted to go? ok whatever. ima.... you are right its like its an after thought. basically just read and enjoy and don't think too much

zigi

Post Sat, Sep 01 2012, 7:00 pm
I finished reading the series. I can't wait for the next book. wow. what a series! I am so glad that I listened and got all the books and read them in order!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room