Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anyone use the baby jogger city select as a DOUBLE??

SorGold

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:33 pm
My todder is almost three and a half and were having a new baby soon so I am thinking it makes the most sense to get a single that can be a double when I need it. I was looking into the Uppa Baby vista but the second seat only holds 35 pounds so that wont work.

Does anyone use the BJ city select as a double? How does it push? Does your big child fit comfortably?
Any pros/cons? Do you recommend it?
I'm really looking for feedback
Thanks!

Ronit

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:52 pm
I like the vista as a double alot better then the city select. I don't have either, but I know people who have either one & I've pushed both. Phil & Ted's also has a few models that can be used both for single & double, but they don't have the option of the seat facing you.

When I first saw the pictures of the city select online, I anticipated an awesome stroller. Yet when I saw it irl I didn't think so anymore. Although it's a versatile stroller & nice looking IMO, it is quite a large stroller (not at all what I expected). The fold is complicated, since the seats need to come off, so it ends up being alot of pieces. Also, one seat rests directly on the front wheel, which makes it very difficult to take it up even one or two stairs- especially if you put the older child there facing the street. For straight level, the push is pretty good tho & I really like that you can face the kid/s towards yourself.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:54 pm
Do you really need one for a 3.5 year old?

Ronit

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:55 pm
I would also suggest a buggy board, that you can attach to whichever stroller you already have.

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:57 pm
I have the Vista with Rumbleseat. My 3 year old uses my piggyback roller board though.

I have heard not such great things about the City Select. It is long & the push is not that great. The Vista does NOT push like a tandem.

Last edited by chaylizi on Tue, May 04 2010, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

SorGold

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:57 pm
OP here - yes we do alot of walking locally and even transporting her to camp which is like a 10 minute walk each way - doesnt pay to take a car but will take forever if she's going to walk - especially coming home

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:58 pm
what about a Phil & Teds?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics