Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wearing 2 rings on same hand

amother

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:11 am
what's the rule for wearing 2 rings on the same hand? let's say, one on the index & one on the ring finger. how do you make it look not too flashy & more classy?
should the index one be like a thin band?
anyone have experience with this?
thanks

chen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:16 am
IMO more than one ring on the same hand, except for a set that obviously goes together like a wedding and engagement set, is not classy. But that's just my opinion. I am very turned off by rings on fingers other than the traditional "ring finger", although ring and middle finger is not quite so bad as other configurations. Sorry.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:29 am
Quote:
although ring and middle finger is not quite so bad as other configurations. Sorry.

Don't have to say sorry- I also wanted to know if people thought it was unclassy or not.
you said ring and middle is not so bad - do you mean a ring on each of those fingers or either or??

queen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:39 am
I'm with chen. I don't think more than one ring (wedding/engagement ring= one) on a hand is classy. Keeping with one ring per hand, IMO keep it to either ring finger (fourth), or middle.

Smile

but the bottom line is- do what YOU feel comfortable with!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:41 am
I don't feel that way at all!

I wear my diamond and band together on my left.

On my right, I have a smal diamond on the 2nd finger and a pearl on the middle. I'd wear a colorful gemstone ring if I found one I really like, too.

It's all in how you do it.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:50 am
Quote:
It's all in how you do it.

how do you do it? do both rings have to be small, or only one, or not at all?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 12:53 pm
Do what you like.

What do you do about braclets? Nail polsih, watch?

It's a total picture.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 1:28 pm
As long as the rings don't "clash", I think 2 is ok.
I have only my wedding ring (gold, all simple) on left hand, but right hand I have my engagement ring (big, gold, with a diamond) and an even bigger gold ring with a star of David diamond and my initials on it. It's not discreet, but it looks good and not too much.

If I want to wear another ring, I'll either put it on the left hand, or instead of the ring with the star of david.

chen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
although ring and middle finger is not quite so bad as other configurations. Sorry.

Don't have to say sorry- I also wanted to know if people thought it was unclassy or not.
you said ring and middle is not so bad - do you mean a ring on each of those fingers or either or??

my personal preference is just one ring or one matching set on the ring finger. But if a person wears one ring on the middle finger or even one on middle and one on ring, that's better than anything on the index finger or pinky.

I will say that two small, discreet rings on ring and middle fingers (that don't clash with each other in style, size or color) are better than a single big, gaudy Dome of the Rock on the ring finger!

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 11:18 am
I wear a ring on my middle fingerin addition to wedding band and engagement ring, still looking for something that I like for my thumb.

elisecohen

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 7:16 am
I wear my engagement band (a small diamond setting) on my left ring finger with my 10th anniversary ring (a pearl) on the middle finger of that hand. On my right ring finger I wear a tiny diamond setting from my mother. I lost my wedding band several years ago (sniff) and dh and I have joked about replacing it but never bothered; it wasn't particularly valuable and served it's use under the chuppah after all.

But all 3 of the rings I wear are very small with thin bands and small gems.

Marion

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 2:59 pm
chen wrote:
But if a person wears one ring on the middle finger or even one on middle and one on ring, that's better than anything on the index finger or pinky.

Right now my wedding band only fits on my pinky! So that's where I wear it. (OK, I can get it onto my ring finger, but I can't get it off.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics