Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age group is this Ettie's Collection set for?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:03 pm
Is it appropriate for a 34-year-old? (yeshivish, OOT)
Also, is it Shabbosdig? Would it look okay with a black pleated skirt?
I have no fashion sense, so thanks in advance for your help! :-)
http://www.ettiescollection.co......html

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:04 pm
It would look ok with a black pleated skirt, but it's very mature. Do you usually dress mature?

Sherri

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:10 pm
I think a black pencil skirt would look good, and think it's great for your age/type Shabbos. (I'm not sure why it might be too "mature"? Do you mean "sophisticated"?)

A sweater is a bit more casual Shabbos, although way more accepted nowadays in situations that used to be purely "suit" occasions.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:14 pm
Sherri wrote:
I think a black pencil skirt would look good, and think it's great for your age/type Shabbos. (I'm not sure why it might be too "mature"? Do you mean "sophisticated"?)

A sweater is a bit more casual Shabbos.

No, not sophisticated. Mature.
2 different things.
I am just imagining people I know that age that like to dress young. They would not wear that, yet they are very sophisticated.

Sherri

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:18 pm
I hear ya- different tastes for different people and different crowds!

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:22 pm
Sherri wrote:

Good point dear.
Ok Sherri, We DONT run in the same circle after all. We have different clothing tastes. LOL

Sherri

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:27 pm
Sherri wrote:
You never know...

de_goldy

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:52 pm
Side point - anyone notice that the model in those pictures is standing in the strangest positions?

Sherri

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:14 pm
Maybe SHE is trying to look sophisticated...

amother

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 8:56 pm
Well, I do tend to dress too old-ladyish for my age, that's the problem. I'm trying to do better...okay so what do you suggest instead as a Shabbosdig top that's comfortable and doesn't stain easily, washes well, but looks younger than these? PLEASE HELP, I stained my Shabbos outfit and need something ASAP! Thanks! It is HARD to find something that's not too fitted/trendy.

nicole81

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 12:17 am
I find the best and easiest shabbos outfits for me are nice dresses with shells underneath. I have an odd amount of luck at sears (usually I don't like their things but I always find 1 perfect dress a season) and always find things at macy's as well.

MamaBear

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 11:56 am
De_goldy I was just about to write the same thing about the model. Why are her hands positioned like that? She's a pretty woman but she's standing like her stomach's in pain!

amother

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 1:35 pm
My first thought when I saw the picture, does the op dress as a more mature 34 yr old. I'm thirty five that would make me look like my mom (sorry if that's harsh) but I tend to try to dress much younger. I would go for black but leave off the designs.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 2:26 pm
I dont think it's too mature for 34.

lizard8

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 2:28 pm
amothers, Op was asking if she should buy this, not if you would.
I think these sweaters are perfect for someone yeshivish and OOT. It is nice for shabbos and will go well with a black pleated skirt.
Personally, I'm much younger than you and not really yeshivish or OOT, thats why I wouldn't wear it

imaima

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
Well, I do tend to dress too old-ladyish for my age, that's the problem. I'm trying to do better...okay so what do you suggest instead as a Shabbosdig top that's comfortable and doesn't stain easily, washes well, but looks younger than these? PLEASE HELP, I stained my Shabbos outfit and need something ASAP! Thanks! It is HARD to find something that's not too fitted/trendy.

maybe the one named Namdiko cardi? I am 24 and this one is the only one of those sets I would have bought

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 2:35 pm
I think it's really older. Except maybe with a red skirt or something... but still.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 2:39 pm
lizard8 wrote:
amothers, Op was asking if she should buy this, not if you would.
I think these sweaters are perfect for someone yeshivish and OOT. It is nice for shabbos and will go well with a black pleated skirt.
Personally, I'm much younger than you and not really yeshivish or OOT, thats why I wouldn't wear it

She asked what age group this is for.
I responded to her with my humble opinion.

amother

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 4:32 pm
OP here. Thanks for the feedback everyone. :-) Anyone have suggestions of what to buy that's similar to these, but not quite as "mature" looking? (Preferably online.) Thanks!

MamaBear

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 6:41 pm
Well there's nothing wrong with a cardigan but why not one without all that "stuff" on it. Just a basic solid colored one with a skinny belt and a pencil skirt. Add some pumps and you're good to go.

Basic cardigan:
http://www.anntaylorloft.com/c.....gular

More interesting cardigan:
http://www.anntaylor.com/catal.....gular

Look at how the diff. models (click on each color) pairs the basic cardigan with interesting jewelry or a ruffled shirt underneath. Just so much more stylish and flattering...than well...I just don't understand the patterns on those Ettie's things. I've never seen things like that in regular stores in the last ten years or so. What's even more interesting about the model in the ettie's stuff, is that she has on cool updated makeup, bright lipstick, chunky trendy jewerly and, again just my opinion, the clothing just clashes with the rest of her.
http://www.anntaylor.com/catal.....gular

Unless I need a 3/4 sleeve top or tsnius evening wear, something that is generally not so simple to find in a regular clothing store, I just shop in regular stores. I think that's where you would have more luck finding fashionable clothes. Even just go to a website like bananarepublic.com and see how things are paired together.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics