Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Some advice needed- for those who do CIO

Tapuzi

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 3:53 pm
I need some advice regarding my 11 month old DS. We did Ferber at around five months and it did work mostly, as it taught him to fall asleep on his own without nursing but I have constantly had to 'retrain' through a lot of teething, vacations, trips to the grandparents. Basically he will sleep through the night for a couple weeks and then start inching his wake up time earlier and earlier. He has had a cold for about a month and througout the cold I would take him into bed with me and nurse him back to sleep whenever he woke up, I could not hear him cry and cough. Now his cough seems mostly better, BH, and we have been letting him cry but he will go for so long now! I think it's so much harder for him to settle down now that he stands. Also, he is in our room, behind a divider and may be more aware of us now but we have no other place to put him. But my question is mostly what do you do if they wake up at an iffy time, say after 4am? My rule has generally been 5 am is morning but now he will wake after 4 and the crying will go on until after 5 so then I take him out- am I sabotaging myself? He has been falling back asleep with me after nursing so I know he still needs more sleep and I know he can go ten hours with no food, he has done it plenty of times and is kinehora not a little guy. Any advice? Help!

marina

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 5:24 pm
When is his last feeding? Have you tried making it later? Do you put him in at 7 or something?

Tapuzi

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 5:37 pm
I nurse him before putting him down, around 7:30-8. He has dinner around 6:00. When I was not home to put him down the other day he only drank 3 oz formula.

Baruch_Hashem

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:29 pm
Does he take a pacifier? Maybe you can try giving him that instead of nursing him- even if you do take him to your bed still. The problem is that if they get used to eating at at a certain time, their body will wake them up at that time to eat again. I agree with you that it is much harder when they are in the same room. When we go away and my dd is in the same room with us, it is very hard!!

Tapuzi

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:32 pm
No, he has never wanted to sleep with it, only took it when he was very young in the car or stroller. And it is not the same time every night at all, sometimes 2 sometimes 3 sometimes 4.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics