Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Everyday Holiness, book on Mussar by Alan Morinis

WriterMom

Post Sun, May 23 2010, 12:05 am
http://www.mussarinstitute.org.....s.htm

Has anybody read this or know anything about it?

ruth

Post Sun, Jun 20 2010, 7:47 am
Looks interesting, but b.n. it is published by Shambala Press so just know that you entering into non-traditionaly frum turf. If you go to the ShambalaPress website you can browse the book. I like that it is written more as a textbook -- however ,I would read it with primary sources next to me to make sure that the learning stays close to the roots. (It looks like it would be nice gift to give to someone you want to mekarev)

If you do get the book,let me know if you found it helped you in a practical way to work on your middot.

Check out the Amazon review of his other book, Jacob's Ladder.

WriterMom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 6:17 pm
ruth wrote:
Looks interesting, but b.n. it is published by Shambala Press so just know that you entering into non-traditionaly frum turf. If you go to the ShambalaPress website you can browse the book. I like that it is written more as a textbook -- however ,I would read it with primary sources next to me to make sure that the learning stays close to the roots. (It looks like it would be nice gift to give to someone you want to mekarev)

If you do get the book,let me know if you found it helped you in a practical way to work on your middot.

Check out the Amazon review of his other book, Jacob's Ladder.

Good point about the hashkaha. It's bought, on my bookshelf, and will I hope be read at the cottage next week! I'll report back Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room