Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What kind of hechsher is 'kehilla kosher'?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:38 pm
Anyone heard of the hechsher "kehillah kosher"? they give a hechsher on coconut milk and on ice cream. It's great for people with dairy allergies, but I want to know what kind of hechsher this is?

hipstamom

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:44 pm
Kehilla Kosher is based in LA. I have seen it. Kehillah Kosher this is what I pulled up from Kashrus Mag with images.

hth!

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:47 pm
We eat heart k (which I think is always parve). The k with the c is usually dairy equipment on the soy products (ice cream, etc.) and we don't eat that. (we don't eat non CY including DE)

The only thing(s) I usually find that Iw ant with that hechsher are the parve ice cream..

amother

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:48 pm
Igud Hakashrus of Los Angeles. (Kehillah Kosher). Rabbi Avraham Teichman. 323-935-8383

I've been told it's the most reliable hechsher in LA. I guess you may want to get in touch with the Rabbi or someone in the Kashrus agency.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:50 pm
thanks everyone!

truthfully if I want parve ice cream I can eat mehadrin or Klein's... Is it really that good?

elf123

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:02 pm
Trader Joe's sells a pareve ice cream with that hechsher. I think it's the store brand, not sure. It's very yummy and a lot cheaper than the other brands.

daisy

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:06 pm
The soy ice cream is all natural.

bnm

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:08 pm
if you really want ice cream recommendations I can give you.... Tofutti is delicious every single flavor... I can check what else I have in my freezer

mommy24

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 10:37 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
thanks everyone!

truthfully if I want parve ice cream I can eat mehadrin or Klein's... Is it really that good?

I just bought one of these ice creams that you are talking about. They are really good, if you like cocunut flavor. DEfinately better than the artificial pareve ice creams from the other brands. That being said, not sure if I would buy it again bec the price is outrageuos for something so small.

ganizzy

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 2:24 am
teichman is a very good hechsher.
spoken from someone whos family is very careful with hechsherim
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen