Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Thank you notes

sruth1

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 5:28 pm
Is it considered rude to give thank you notes that is types and pasted on to a thank you card. I find it so much easier to type then hand write, and I want to get the notes sent out before I go back to work.

louche

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 9:21 am
It's not terribly elegant and may give the impression that you printed out a form note, but if you personalize the note, mentioning not just the person's name but something specific about the person or the gift, that will make it clear that it's not a form letter. A note they can read beats an illegible scrawl, and any TY note trumps no TY note. Go for it.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 10:32 am
Actually, people remember something that's awful more then they remember nothing. What about a call or email instead ?

louche

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 10:55 am
a typed-and=pasted note is not "awful" if it's neat and personalized and hand-signed.
The ideal solution, nearly impossible today, would be to insert the thank-you card into a good old-fashioned typewriter.

OP, here's another thought: don't bother with the purchased card and print your text out on pretty laser-printer paper. You can get card stock and envelopes if you like, or just use pretty paper and standard envelopes. There's nothing holy about a thank you "card", and a note on regular stationery is perfectly acceptable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics