Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you use "ziploc" bags?
1  2  3  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 3:51 pm
and if you do, are you american?
A friend of mine, thanks bennysmommy, told me where I can get "ziploc" bags by the bulk, which is much cheaper than 8 in a pack like they sell it here, because she knows that americans, like herself, like using ziploc bags. When I had an argentinian friend over for a meal and I was taking my salad out of a bag to put in a bowl, she said, that's so american. She has an american sil.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 4:25 pm
Yes and yes.

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 4:55 pm
No and no.

red sea

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 4:57 pm
yes & yes but why is it american to put salad in a bowl? Where are you supposed to put it?

BennysMommy

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 5:06 pm
yo'ma wrote:

and if you do, are you american?
A friend of mine, thanks bennysmommy, told me where I can get "ziploc" bags by the bulk, which is much cheaper than 8 in a pack like they sell it here, because she knows that americans, like herself, like using ziploc bags. When I had an argentinian friend over for a meal and I was taking my salad out of a bag to put in a bowl, she said, that's so american. She has an american sil.

Your welcome! I need to restock actually...

red sea wrote:
yes & yes but why is it american to put salad in a bowl? Where are you supposed to put it?

It's American to use ziploc bags. That place that I told yo'ma is the only place that I know of that sells ziplocs in Argentina. I haven't seen anyone else in this country use them except family members.

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 5:49 pm
red sea wrote:

If I prepare a salad in advance, I put it in a bag. When I serve it, I put it in a bowl.

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 5:55 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
Your welcome! I need to restock actually...

If you can't get here when they're open, I can get for you and you can pick it up whenever.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 6:33 pm
Yes & Yes.

mamaleh

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:20 pm
Yes I always use them and yes I am american.

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:23 pm
red sea wrote:

I just reread my post and you probably thought I meant that I took pre-packaged salad out of a bag and put it into a bowl. I already explained what I do and they don't sell pre-packaged salad here, but I do understand the misunderstanding Wink .

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:26 pm
I marinate meat and chicken in them. I also use them for the freezer.

yo'ma, do you wash them and reuse them ?

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:39 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
yo'ma, do you wash them and reuse them ?

I don't, but I should. I always think of it before I throw it out and then I throw it out anyway. I'm very bad!!

yiddishe vayb

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:40 pm
I use ziplock bags daily and I'm American.
I use ziplock bags to pack. I put socks in one bag underwear, tichels etc. in another.
I use ziplock bags to freeze anything from kneidlach to pasta sauce yes I also freeze half used canned items. Like crushed pineapple and mushrooms. I'm only cooking for two so I often have leftovers.

Ok that's my ziplock story... And I'm sticking to it! LOL

life'sgreat

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:42 pm
They're really not cheap, so I use them to freeze and for other 'important' enough stuff. I use the cheaper versions from x-mas tree shops for snacks and stuff for the fridge.

Plonis

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 8:10 pm
I use the ziploc containers. Easy to wash and reuse, but cheap enough to give with meals to other people or throw out if they get gross. Smile

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 8:28 pm
Yup, all the time. My non-American husband had a little adjustment period at the start of our marriage, but now he's a fan as well LOL Actually, I always buy them on sale, and they don't come out that expensive at all. I also don't mind buying certain generic brands. IMO, ziplocs are the best option for preventing freezer burn. I prefer to use Tupperware containers for salads in the fridge, though, and I just throw them in the dishwasher after.

Fox

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 8:44 pm
Yup! Love them! Use them for everything mentioned above and more. I occasionally wash and reuse them, but not regularly.

mominlkwd

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 8:50 pm
Yes and yes. I use them to freeze things and when I go away I put my kids clothes in them according to day and label them (sun, mon, tues) so they can grab a bag each morning. I also use the containers for things like meatballs and leftovers. I've never put my salad into them once they are made but I do put my opened lettuce into it with a napkin or papertowel and seal it so it doesn't go bad.

Blue jay

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 8:54 pm
I like Glad bags. They are usually cheaper!

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:29 pm
I use them. I'm American Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen