Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you use "ziploc" bags?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

anonymom

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:35 pm
Besides for food, I use them for puzzles and games that have broken boxes which is most of them.

I use them to pack shampoos and things that could leak.

I use the sandwich ones for tissues and wipes in my pocketbook.

I love the cute little snack size but the first time I bought it by mistake I thought my sandwich bags had shrunk.

I buy
the gallon size at costco 4 boxes of about 32 for about 8 bucks.

I also use the 2 gallon size. They're made by a Jewish company and are called challah bags. They are the perfect size for a 9 x 13 aluminum pan.

sandyb

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:43 pm
YES and YES. Thanks for the info regarding 9x13 foil pans. I am always looking for what to put them into to prevent freezer burn.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 11:00 pm
sandyb wrote:
YES and YES. Thanks for the info regarding 9x13 foil pans. I am always looking for what to put them into to prevent freezer burn.

You can buy these for way less in stores like x-mas tree shops.

I packed my shampoos and stuff in ziplocs when I flew recently. My mother in law in Israel loved them and would love to get them.

amother

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 4:11 am
yo'ma wrote:
and if you do, are you american?
A friend of mine, thanks bennysmommy, told me where I can get "ziploc" bags by the bulk, which is much cheaper than 8 in a pack like they sell it here, because she knows that americans, like herself, like using ziploc bags. When I had an argentinian friend over for a meal and I was taking my salad out of a bag to put in a bowl, she said, that's so american. She has an american sil.

yes and no. But I learned from Americans LOL

amother

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 4:13 am
Yiddishe Vayb wrote:
I use ziplock bags daily and I'm American.
I use ziplock bags to pack. I put socks in one bag underwear, tichels etc. in another.
I use ziplock bags to freeze anything from kneidlach to pasta sauce yes I also freeze half used canned items. Like crushed pineapple and mushrooms. I'm only cooking for two so I often have leftovers.

Ok that's my ziplock story... And I'm sticking to it! LOL

My mom used regular cellophane bags for all those things.

ray family

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 4:28 am
life'sgreat wrote:
sandyb wrote:

You can buy these for way less in stores like x-mas tree shops.

I packed my shampoos and stuff in ziplocs when I flew recently. My mother in law in Israel loved them and would love to get them.

she can get them in big deal.
one of the Israeli companies also started making ziploc bags.

as for myself I love using them but I'm always scared I'm going to run out and I don't know if I can find a/o coming from America to replace them so I happen to be VERY stingy w/ them Smile

yiddishe vayb

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 4:39 am
Ziplock brand also makes the two Gallon size thatfits 9x13's they are great!

drumjj

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 4:43 am
I use them and I live in the uk I just wish my costco stocked more then 2 sizes

mandksima

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 4:50 am
I use them all of the time. All sizes. I've been very lucky that my MIL keeps me stocked when she visits 2 times a year. I'm still stingy with them and reuse them tons unless they get dirty or are used for a meat marinade. It would be hard to live without them if needed but I doubt I would spend money on them here, even at BigDeal prices, since I haven't spent money on them the past 4 years we've been here.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:03 am
Yes we use a lot, no we're not American.

amother

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:06 am
I am American, and I use ziplock bags for almost everything. I freeze soup, challah, cake, etc in them. I but the Shoprite brand, the bags are really good, and so's the price!

onlyme

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:12 am
I see I'm original: I'm American but I don't use them. I don't even own any. I freeze in containers and mix salads in a bowl. I do use Glad sandwich bags/food storage bags for packing snacks, etc.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:14 am
You can get a 3 gallon size too.

wwmom

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:35 pm
yes, and yes.
Target brands are very good and inexpensive. Also every few weeks walgreens has Hefty on sale BOGO.

louche

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 1:52 pm
I don't just use them, I practically swear by them, but I use and reuse till the zipper breaks or the bag tears. No, I don't use it for salads...those get stored in ziploc containers, gefilte fish jars and other vessels. Ziplok bags are for sandwiches, cheese, challah, chopped veggies in the freezer, loose machine parts and similar items. Salads go in Ziplock bags only if there is a fridge storage crisis, meaning either I've run out of containers or the fridge is so full another rigid container won't fit, but something squooshy can be insinuated between other containers.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:05 pm
Yes and Yes

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:29 pm
I never store anything in a ziploc bag. I agree that it is american though. I keep ready made stuff in containers in the fridge.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:32 pm
I use them (not nec. ziploc brand, whatever is cheapest) and I am not american.

Burrrberry

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 9:00 pm
Yes and yes. I am obsessed! They are amazing from storing food to items around the house. My kids puzzle boxes always break and we lose pieces. I take a picture of the cover so they know what the puzzle is supposed to look like, put it on the ziploc and put the pieces inside. Target brand is much cheaper and they are comparable to Ziploc brand. Both are great! Try it - you might get hooked too LOL

supermomy

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 9:12 pm
yes I use them
no im not american
yo´ma where can I buy the ziploc bags in Argentina
TIA
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen