Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do Childrens Place t-shirts shrink?

Twizzlers

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:18 pm
really odd situation...or maybe not. My son was wearing the size 4 from tcp thru the winter, and they were just fitting. so I bought him the next size 5/6 for the summer, and I just tried them on him...they are HUGE! The fact that they will fit him next year is lovely, but what do I do for now? Buy more 4s? I dont really want to do that since I want them to last the season....
Or can I run the 5/6 thru the wash/dryer and shrink them?

OldYoung

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:21 pm
I've been finding that the ones I buy from there shrink (after washing) too...

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:30 pm
I haven't noticed them shrinking.

sandyb

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:45 pm
I have the boys mesh and girls plain cotton crewnecks. None of them shrank even a bit.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 10:09 pm
They shrink in all the wrong places.

firetruck

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 10:17 pm
I'm having the same trouble! My son is 5.5 and the Children's Place 5/6 are too big.. he's tall and skinny, so they kinda sag.

He wore one today and I'm hoping they'll shrink a bit..I can let you know after the wash.

Marion

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 11:59 pm
I haven't noticed shrinkage. Just a note...they have 4T and 4, and they are NOT the same size!

gold21

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 12:09 am
yes they do shrink a little- the pants more than the shirts, but the shirts shrink a bit too. I recommend that you save your receipt, run one shirt thru the wash, try it on your son, and if the fit is bad, bring it back with the receipt and say "the fit was bad" and you will get either a refund or store credit, I forgot which one. (if it helps, my son is wearing 5/6 t-shirts now but still is a 4 in shorts. he's a bit bigger than your son I think)

momaleh

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:23 am
It depends on the fabric. The 100% cotton don't shrink too much, with 5% lycra can shrink a lot.

mamommommy

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:23 am
I find that they shrink. I also think that they continue to shrink as you continue to wash/dry them which is why my boys' TCP t-shirts from last year are soooo much smaller than the next size up.

OldYoung

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:51 am
firetruck wrote:
I'm having the same trouble! My son is 5.5 and the Children's Place 5/6 are too big.. he's tall and skinny, so they kinda sag.

He wore one today and I'm hoping they'll shrink a bit..I can let you know after the wash.

I have a similar problem and have been finding that after the clothing is washed, the sizing does not run consistently for my kids. My 2 1/2 year old wears 24 month skirts (pants don't fit at all- smaller sizes are too short, and larger are too wide), and 3 or 4T shirts. She's also long and skinny. My 17 month old son is in 12 mo pants (jeans are always very baggy and saggy, but linen fit fine) and 2T shirts.

zigi

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:14 am
the size depends on the shirt dd grew out of some her size 4's some fit perfectly. size 5-6 is way too big, they don't shrink. I roll them up. my kids usually wear a size smaller in the pants. also the carpenter jeans are big for the size they are longer than a regular pair of pants.

also the pants from 3 years ago are smaller than the ones now. a 4t is really a 3t now.

sarahd

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:25 am
zigi wrote:

also the pants from 3 years ago are smaller than the ones now. a 4t is really a 3t now.

Well, that explains a lot. Like why my going-on-three year old son is swimming in 3T pants, while his older brother, who was shorter at that age, wore them with no problem.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:29 am
yeah, I'm really annoyed about those pants. I bought them on sale a few months ago in the next size for this coming september and it looks like they'll be too small. the shirts I bought also a few months ago...ya think they'll still take it back? although I may as well keep them for next summer if the shrinking doesnt work. I just dont want to buy more size 4's it seems like a waste.

Nomad

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:33 am
I wondered the same thing too...3T is just-just and I got 4T for summer shorts and theyre falling of ds's tuchus :/

amother

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:42 am
Mommy3.5 wrote:
They shrink in all the wrong places.
Absolutely. The shirts become wide. And short. They are not flattering.

Cookie Monster

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:31 pm
I dont find that they shrink at all

Mirabelle

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 9:44 pm
I bought DD a bunch of the 4t shirts last summer and they were very long, almost too long to wear. They didnt shrink that much and fit perfectly this summer.

My issue with the children's place tshirts is that the wrinkle very fast in her drawer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry