Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Would you be interested in such a service

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:37 pm
THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!!

My husband and I were discussing an idea, and we wanted to see if this would actually be profitable. I am not advertising, since A) I am OOT and b) we dont even have the finances at this time to start this venture.

Computer rental
When a car breaks down, people pay for a rental car to get around and function until their car is fixed. We had the idea to do something similar with a computer.

- Charge would be between $15 and $25 a day (not sure) with discounts for weekly use
- Personal information would be wiped after being returned so the next person would not have access
- accessories would be extra (but most people have their own monitor, mouse and keyboard)

Would you be interested in this, and how much would you be willing to pay?

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:41 pm
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!!

My husband and I were discussing an idea, and we wanted to see if this would actually be profitable. I am not advertising, since A) I am OOT and b) we dont even have the finances at this time to start this venture.

Computer rental
When a car breaks down, people pay for a rental car to get around and function until their car is fixed. We had the idea to do something similar with a computer.

- Charge would be between $15 and $25 a day (not sure) with discounts for weekly use
- Personal information would be wiped after being returned so the next person would not have access
- accessories would be extra (but most people have their own monitor, mouse and keyboard)

Would you be interested in this, and how much would you be willing to pay?

This isn't a new phenomenon at all. It might be worth it if there's no one that does this in your area. I rented a computer when I was in Israel. Though I'm not sure people will be willing to pay this much per day.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:43 pm
Personally, I would not be interested because I already have a computer and where I live there are a lot of stores that has computers to use. I forgot what they're called. They also have phones, like you sit down in a booth and talk.

That being said, it sounds like a good idea, but since I you'd have to know A LOT about computers because of viruses, things breaking, etc...

If you ever decide to do it..hatzlacha!!

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:04 pm
I don't think it's such a great idea, just because, these days, you wouldn't be able to turn a profit. There are so many places to access computers, the public library, schools, internet cafes. And, lots of people also have access via their personal phones and ipads. Not to mention many people/most? have access at work.

So, while it may be a good idea per se, it's probably not going to make you much money. There's so much money to lay out for the computers and time to set up/fix the computer after it's been given back, that you probably can't make much.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:05 pm
Having needed this service more than once, I think it is a good idea, but as I said, do research first.

red sea

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:33 pm
I would use such a service to rent a laptop for traveling, it would be great.

Plonis

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:39 pm
I think it only makes sense as a laptop rental (which I have used at times). Especially if you have good software installed (I.e. Photoshop, Premiere or another semi-pro video option, etc.) people would probably pay to be able to use it for as long as they want for the time they're renting. $15 - $25 for such a computer seems fair.

How you'd insure it is another question.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 8:07 pm
Plonis wrote:
I think it only makes sense as a laptop rental (which I have used at times). Especially if you have good software installed (I.e. Photoshop, Premiere or another semi-pro video option, etc.) people would probably pay to be able to use it for as long as they want for the time they're renting. $15 - $25 for such a computer seems fair.

How you'd insure it is another question.

That depends on if it's long or short term rental, 2 days vs 2 weeks.

jasmine

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 8:33 pm
maybe a rental service for laptops at a reasonable rate and accesssibility to a printer....

Funmommy

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 8:42 am
I don't think you would get people renting pc's but I think its a good idea for laptops
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics