Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
What was yr. experience w/the CH linen gemach?

Earnest

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:34 pm
My (one and only) fitted sheet for my queen-size bed just got a massive tear. I went to the Goodwill Store in down-town Brooklyn this mornig and they had no fitted sheets for sale. Has anyone had any experience with the CH's linen gemach? I don't want to make any inquiries until I hear from somebody that the organizers are soft spoken people. I'm feeling too fragile to handle any gruffness or hostility. After all, my one-and-only sheet tore, and I tend to take Poverty too seriously. I mean, it's not a crime exactly, is it? Thanks, everybody. P.S. What the "aich-ee- double- el" is going on? I mean, why is the annonymous posting option disabled in this forum? My embarassment over $ sacricity has cost me relationships in my family, I hope I don't feel humiliated on this internet site as well. Oh well,I do want to post, so here goes.

mother48

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:51 pm
It is run by two wonderful sisters. If you would like, I would be happy to call them for you and see if they have anything to give. ( I think generaly it's a gemach for borrowing for guests, but maybe they have extra sets.)

If you would like, post, and I will be happy to let them know you will be calling.

chatouli

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 6:27 pm
If you are unsuccessful with a gemach, perhaps you can find a sheet on clearance at Century 21 in Bay Ridge or in Manhattan. They have good quality things sometimes at shockingly cheap prices. I don't know if this might be an option for you.

Hoping your parnassah situation improves significantly in the very very near future Hug

Earnest

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 6:36 pm
Thank you for mentioning, "I think it is a gemach that lends linens for guests". So, it's not a gemach that gives linens, at all. Boy, you saved me from making a fool of myself! I guess I'll just sew that tear up. It's not like anybody's going to see it Smile . All the best, kindred ima's. And, thanks for the hugs.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:16 pm
Earnest, you want me to get something for you tomorrow? I can go to Century if you need me to.

Earnest

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 9:59 am
Chocolate Moose, you are such a doll!. Thank you so much for the unexpected gift of a queen-size set of linens!. I really wasn't expecting it-presents are a rarity once you're over the age of 10 (excluding presents from DH's Smile ). Did you know (of course you didn't since I kept it a secret...) that Tues. was my birthday, so, thanks for the birthday present! (Yes, I got flowers from DH Smile ). I guess there is an advantage of being 'busted'/exposed/known IRL (in real life). But still, it hasn't registered yet, who you are IRL. 'bye

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 3:27 pm
Wow Chocolate Moose, that was so wondeful of you! Smile
May Hashem pay you back with kindness in return! You have a warm heart.

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 8:41 pm
Chocolate Moose...
YOU are a ROCKSTAR!
When I grow up I want to have the same BIG heart that you do.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 9:19 pm
Awww .... I'm happy to help out !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains