Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When do you wake up your toddler in the morning?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 4:23 pm
I was just wondering, for all of you mothers out there whos children do not wake up at the crack of dawn, do you wake them up at a certain time or just let them sleep until they wake up?

I ask for two reasons:
my daughter now (2 years old) goes to bed at about 8:30 pm and I would love to bring her bed time up to about 7:30 but she does not seem tired at that hour all of the time. she does take a nap during the day but I try to have her nap by 1:30 the latest so that by 3:30 she is awake. but she wakes up anywhere from 7 - 9 am and I never wake her, I always let her sleep until she herself wakes up.
do you think if I changed that and woke her at 7 am every morning and made sure her naps were earlier or not at all she would go to bed by 7:30 pm the latest?

also, my other question is this: I will be working next year IYH and I will have to drop her at gan by 7 am which means that she will have to be woken up by the latest 6:15 am so does that mean that I should get her to bed by 7 the latest? or do you think that bed time does not really matter?

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 4:34 pm
Do you mean when does my toddler wake me up??? That's the way it works in our house!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 4:38 pm
c.c.cookie wrote:
Do you mean when does my toddler wake me up??? That's the way it works in our house!
Smile I wrote that this was really for those whos children do not wake up at the crack of dawn and become ema's alarm clock Smile

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 4:50 pm
Yeah, I read that, but I couldn't resist the line! Wink

pinkbubbles

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 5:56 pm
I would try to wake her the same time every day and see if that helps with an earlier bedtime- it should. She'll need an earlier bedtime if you'll be waking her at 6:15.

Try it, see if it works.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics