Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
3 yr. old b-day party

muss

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:16 pm
My daughter is turning 3 and since 3 is a big step (even though it's not a boy), I would like nice ideas. Either nice food ideas to do with turning 3 or game ideas for 3 yr. olds (even though I might just keep to toys).
Thanks

girlygirl

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 12:55 am
I made pink cupcakes and then the activity was for the children to decorate them. I left frostings of different colors, multicolored chocolate chips, icings, sprinkles, coconut shavings, candies, etc. on the table for all the children to use.

muss

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 1:35 am
Thanks for your reply. I am making it on shabbos. Will it be a problem to make frosting on shabbos or are you allowed too?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 9:22 am
Before the birthday, we brought her to the hairdresser for the first time to have curls.
We ordered a cake with her name bat 3 on it, and gingerbread letters covered in honey for her to read to us.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp.....n.jpg

We had a second bday at my grandparents, with uncles, cousins, etc. Various cakes and small gifts.

girlygirl

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 1:51 pm
maybe make the frostings before shabbos - don't think u can tint them different colors on shabbos though, so have it all done ahead of time. I don't think the candies or decorative items should be a problem b/c it will all be eaten almost immediately. maybe icings not good idea though, b/c the kids could draw letters/shapes with them? the party supply stores sell small toothpicks with mini streamers on them which make nice substitute birthday "candles" on shabbos- ur daughter can blow on the streamers

muss

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 12:57 am
Thanks Ruchel, those pictures were nice. I'm not sure how it will work if I make the icing a day before. it might get too hard and not be spreadable. I'll have too see what to do.
thanks for your replies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries