Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need ideas for a sugar free diet

amother

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:16 pm
I'm trying to stay off of sugar in the hopes that I will lose my craving for sweet things. For those of you who have done it, how long did it take until the idea of ice cream, cake or something sugary made you wanna throw up (I would love to get to that point). Also I need ideas of things to snack on and meals that are sugar free, preferably with no sugar substitutes either. Thanx (very very low sugar is okay too)

mimimom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 12:10 pm
Why would the thought ever make anyone want to throw up?!?! Liking sweets is one of the earliest senses we develop! That doesn't mean you need to eat refined sugar. We haven't had sugar in the house for years, but we eat all sorts of yummy stuff! Fruits, especially dried fruits, are very sweet. The more you shift to whole grains, and fresh foods generally, the less you'll want/need the quick shot of sugar. Cravings often are a result of an inadequate diet. Focus on eating a wide variety of good foods and you won't feel the need to run to the sugar. BUT it will ALWAYS taste good!

mimimom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 12:11 pm
BTW if you're looking for guidance Weight Watchers "Simply Filling Technique" is the best for healthy, sugar-free eating.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 12:24 pm
A few months after giving birth I went on the Atkins Diet, Phase 1. The initial phase is meant to curb your cravings for sweets. The first few days or so, are the absolute worst. You may feel like the cravings will never go away. After close to a week or so, depending on the individual, you will start to lose your intense need for sweets. Just make sure to keep all junk foods out of the house. Exercising by way of cardio and weight training can be a great motivator to help keep you on track.

momomany

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 7:11 am
I started oa 5 years ago. For the past 3 years or so, I have ZERO craving or desire for sugar, mezonos (cake, cookies,pasta etc.). I still love to eat & the thought of sugar doesn't make me nauseaus, I just don't seem to want it. I sometime wonder if it is habit by now or if it some physical phenomenon....

amother

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 2:24 pm
momomany wrote:
I started oa 5 years ago. For the past 3 years or so, I have ZERO craving or desire for sugar, mezonos (cake, cookies,pasta etc.). I still love to eat & the thought of sugar doesn't make me nauseaus, I just don't seem to want it. I sometime wonder if it is habit by now or if it some physical phenomenon....

OP here- did you go off sugar and carbs completely or just in very small amounts? I would love to get to that point where I have no cravings for it either... so im just curious how people get there and how they go about it.

momomany

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 2:41 pm
I am completely off sugar & flour. off honey & natural sweeteners too. I get my carbs from limited fruits & from non-starchy veggies(ie, not peas, corn,). For me, I think eating those foods triggers a very real physical craving for more
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise