Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your most delicious chicken recipe
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 2:45 pm
I am bored with my chicken recipes, does anyone have any good recipes?

supermom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 2:49 pm
there are a couple of threads on this already. sorry I can't help in this area since I just grill it with soy sauce, garlic, honey

amother

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 3:10 pm
Now amother, by posting such intimate and identifying information, we surely all know who you are! Wink Cannot possibly think of anyone else who would ever get bored of their chicken recipe's.

(Sorry, but to post that as amother is really begging for it! Were you scared to insult the chickens or get attacked for not liking to eat the same recipe over & over?)

I'm amother too, actually, for no good reason, just because you were amother too.

happymom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 3:13 pm
I love this recipe

pour garlic and onion powder over chicken
pour corn flakes crumbs on top
then drizzle honey all over

cook on 350 one hour uncovered and then one hour covered

loves kids

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 3:05 pm
I do lots of different chicken recipes. They are all good.
One is to put corn flake crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika on the bottom, then put your chicken pieces and the same thing again on top of chicken, bake 350 for almost 2 hours!
Another is to put lots of fresh garlic, onion powder, paprika, and little oil, w/ sliced onions. can put potatoes around chicken if you want.
Another is to put fresh mushrooms w/ onions (sauteed) w/ a little wine, fresh garlic, and some parsley. the recipe is in the lubavitch purple cookbook. This one is delicious!!!
Or can just put spices on it w/ a drop of oil,
or just duck sauce on it.
Enjoy!

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 9:44 am
I need knew chicken recipes!

I have bread crumbs, sweet & sour, Garlic chicken recipe.

Can anyone post their scrumptious recipes .. thanks a lot!

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 9:55 am
chicken legs
3 cardamum pods
turmeric
lemon
oil
salt pepper

in a large pan put some oil, a cup of water, turmeric, lemon juice, cracked cardamum pods, salt pepper. bring to a boil. put the chicken legs in, cover let cook on one side for a bit, then turn to a different side and let cook. cook untill the chicken is cooked through, keep turning it so all the sides get the sauce, if not enough water add some.

or

chicken legs
tomatoe paste
fresh tomatoes
sugar
salt pepper
fresh corriander
okra

brown the chicken legs in some oil in a soup pot, on each side, add fresh chopped tomatoes, some tomatoe paste water, mix well, add salt pepper, sugar. let it come to boil and cook a little bit, then add okra, let that cook together, then add a good amount of fresh chopped corriander. mix well, serve with rice.

Sparkle

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 3:07 pm
Easy, easy easy: Mix equal parts dijon mustard and white wine. Pour over chicken and bake! Very moist and lots of gravy so good to serve with rice.

willow

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 7:52 am
I love chicken placed in a pan without skin and put a ton of spices (garlic, pepper, onion powder, maybe a little leon pepper spice, chilli powder. oregano.... whatever you want). Bake.
Lilly what is cardamum embarrassed

chayalife

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 5:37 pm
lilly are u sfardi? u always have these cool dishes I wish I could find the spices in reg stores...what cardamom taste like? and zaatar ?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 6:05 pm
Got this from a Sefardi friend.
Fry onion in large pot. Add chicken and let it cook for about half an hour. Almost cover with water and add mushrooms, olives and chicken soup mix. Let it cook for another hour and a half approx.
Delicious!

Flowerchild

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 6:07 pm
my hubby is, so I cook all these fun dishes.

http://www.foodsubs.com/SpiceUniv.html

scroll a bit and youll see what cardamom is, its a really awesome spice I love it, it has such an amazing aroma. in brooklyn I get it in holon its a kosher middle eastern grocery.

mom2six

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 6:20 pm
If you want really easy and yummy, mix equal parts ketchup, soy sauce, and honey then sprinkle in some garlic powder. Spread on chicken and bake. Mmm....

Chani

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 7:05 pm
warm in a sauce pan small jar of currant jelly, equal amount of orange juice, a little ketchup (like a T.), a little soy sauce or Worcestershire (if you can find non-fish variety). Pour over chicken and bake covered. Remove cover for last fifteen minutes of baking. Makes the chicken look beautiful and delicious taste.

Estee2

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 7:36 pm
What brand is the non-fish variety.

All I have is Heinz and it has fish (anchovies) in it. Sad

batya_d

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 1:52 pm
I've been married 9 months and still haven't found the "perfect" fri. night chicken recipe.

What is your biggest hit for fri. night chicken?

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 1:59 pm
Chicken and rice (two ways)
1st way - Chicken (browned) in big pot, add dry rice and add water to boil... then add ketchup (my kids fav)

2nd way.. baking dish - spray with non stick - put dry rice... then chicken (without skin andmost fat off) and place on top of rice. season to taste (I use various things... typically chicken stock flavor). Add boiling hot water.. cover with foil and bake...

Recently my kids want chicken fingers though... so that's basic... egg and some kind of dip (I.e. flour, or nuts... what everu prefer)

willow

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 2:14 pm
Our favorite chicken is chicken without skin placed in a pan (sometimes on top of fresh garlic and onion) and mrs. dash lemon pepper spice and mrs. dash southern spice, bake on high till crispy. It is so so goood you could eat the bones!!!

rise above

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 2:46 pm
my family favorite friday night chicken is easy sesame chicken

bread the chicken - I use mayo and corn flake crumbs
then boil equal parts ketchup, water, brown sugar
(can add some apricot jam)
and a bunch of sesame seeds and pour on the chicken.

its delicious and easy!

Sofia2

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:02 pm
My absolutely favorite chicken gets me compliments every time:

Sprinke chicken with seasoning ie: paprika, garlic powder, some cumin. Put in baking pan with sliced onions and sweet potatoes.

Bake in oven for approx. 1 1/2-2 hours.(covered)

Remove silver foil and spread generously with DUCK SAUCE. let bake uncovered for another 20 minutes.

Goes great with Kus-kus or white rice,

Enjoy!!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey