Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How to make breaded chicken cutlets in the oven??
1  2  Next

Basya

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:34 pm
I know its possible to do without it tasting dried out, because someone made it for me once (and of course I can't reach her now).

Can anyone help me please?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:37 pm
I either spray it with pam or drizzle oil or a little margarine on each piece and cover it. Covering it helps keep the moisture in.

dlj

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:38 pm
Dip the chicken in flour, egg, breadcrumbs, herbs - whatever you normally do.

Generously apply spray oil to the tray you're going to bake them in, then lay them out and apply spray oil all over the tops. Bake them for the minimum possible time - you'll need to just keep an eye on them and sometimes I end up just cutting one open to check it's cooked through.

suzyq

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:38 pm
I do this and it's very yummy. I take the cutlets and soaks them in a mixture of eggs and mustard. Then I coat them in seasoned bread crumbs (I usually add some pepper and garlic to the bread crumbs also). I lay them in a pan and then I mix in a measuring cup honey, olive oil and hot water and pour just a bit over the cutlets in the pan. Then I bake them in the oven on 350 for 30-45 minutes (or however long it takes them to be cooked through). Good luck!

newwife14

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:39 pm
I dip the chicken cutlets in duck sauce and then in bread crumbs and place them on an aluminum tray and cover it with aluminum foil. Bake at 350. (sometimes I dilute the duck sauce with a little water to make it easier to dip.) The trick to not drying it out is don't overbake it. Baking time depends on how thick your chicken cutlets are.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:42 pm
Dip them in Italian dressing and then in Shake n' bake or other bread crumbs. I spray the pan to keep it from sticking, but not try "fry" it.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:50 pm
You might find some ideas in this thread:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

Pinktichel's recipe is excellent:
marinate cutlets in equal amounts of soy sauce, honey and oil.
Bread with flavored corn flake crumbs. (I use flavored breadcrumbs)
Bake on 350, covered, for 20 min and then uncovered for another 10-15.

(Thanks pinktichel! Very Happy )

ef

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 3:57 pm
mix equal amounts of ketchup and mayonnaise and some spices optional (eg garlic, onion powder). brush cutlets with this mixture and cover with breadcrumbs. bake covered. delicious!

yummymummy

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:14 pm
I generously shmear the cutlets with mayonaise and then dip them in corn flake crumbs and bake them covered for about half an hour at 350 (less time if I'm going to be reheating them for shabbos). They never get dried out. I'm definitely going to try some of the recipes above, thanks ladies!

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:24 pm
I also use Italian Salad Dressing and it works really well. Ive also tried Dijon mustard but it has more of a distinct taste that not everyone likes.

MrsMom

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:27 pm
one way thats very tasty is to dip in mayo before the bread crumbs. Also bake covered for as long as it needs to bake and then uncover at the end until it crisps up.

Shiny

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:29 pm
A lot of mayonnaise and uncovered at 400 for 25 minutes ...PERFECT!

de_goldy

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 8:16 pm
If you're covering with mayo may as well fry them!

I just dip into flavored bread crumbs (no egg necessary, it sticks to the snitzel as is), spray pam, lay out cutlets (I cut each cutlet into 3 or 4 long strips before breading), drizzle a little oil over, bake on 400 for 20-25 mins.

yummymummy

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 8:23 pm
de_goldy wrote:
If you're covering with mayo may as well fry them!

I just dip into flavored bread crumbs (no egg necessary, it sticks to the snitzel as is), spray pam, lay out cutlets (I cut each cutlet into 3 or 4 long strips before breading), drizzle a little oil over, bake on 400 for 20-25 mins.

LIGHT mayo Very Happy

imasinger

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:19 pm
Light mayo has the same amount of fat as heavy mayo. But I use it sometimes for breaded chicken anyway. What can I say?

Tonight, we had breaded chicken cutlets. I dipped them in an equal mixture of mayo and mustard, then covered them with breadcrumbs. Sometimes, I use crushed cracker crumbs. Put them in a pan that had been sprayed with Pam, and cooked them 10-15 minutes per side.

Even my picky eaters ate it.

yummymummy

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:32 pm
imasinger wrote:
Light mayo has the same amount of fat as heavy mayo. But I use it sometimes for breaded chicken anyway. What can I say?

Tonight, we had breaded chicken cutlets. I dipped them in an equal mixture of mayo and mustard, then covered them with breadcrumbs. Sometimes, I use crushed cracker crumbs. Put them in a pan that had been sprayed with Pam, and cooked them 10-15 minutes per side.

Even my picky eaters ate it.

What brand of light mayo do you use? I just checked my Hellmann's and 1 serving size of regular mayo has 10g of fat (1.5g saturated) and 90 calories while the light mayo has only 3.5g of fat (.5 saturated) and 35 calories. In any case OP wasn't asking for low fat recipes just ideas for keeping her cutlets juicy.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:43 pm
yummymummy wrote:

What brand of light mayo do you use? I just checked my Hellmann's and 1 serving size of regular mayo has 10g of fat (1.5g saturated) and 90 calories while the light mayo has only 3.5g of fat (.5 saturated) and 35 calories. In any case OP wasn't asking for low fat recipes just ideas for keeping her cutlets juicy.

I remember looking at this in the supermarket some years ago, so maybe things have changed. I'll stand corrected.

IloveHashem613

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:18 pm
Fry onions with a generous amount of onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. put on bottom of pan. dip chicken cutlets in mayonaise, then bread crumbs and put on top of onions. bake 20 mins covered on 400, then flip and bake about another 5-10 mins uncovered... it is delicous!!! never dried out!! just keep an eye on them to make sure it doesn't get overdone. I make this recipe ALL the time and we never get sick of it

Basya

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 12:45 pm
Thanks you guys for all the suggestions! I actually took a few tips from a few different posts. I dipped them in duck sauce and then in cornflake crumbs and then sprayed pam both under and over the cutlets, baked at 425 for like 20 min- uncovered! They were great!! Thanks alot Smile
Looking forward to trying out some of the other ideas...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 12:58 pm
I dip my thin (pounded or sliced when semi frozen) cutlets in an oil/flour/spices mix, coat with cornflake crumbs, bake at 375 for about 50 minutes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey