Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Wtd with an early riser

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:53 am
ds has always woken up early, it was usually between 6:30 and 7:00 am but now its getting to be five am!!!!!!1 shock he screams and screams until I take him out, and refuses to go back to sleep, or even lay in bed quietly, in his or mine. he wants attention! he wants me to GET UP NOW! I end up having him changed and fed by 7 am. by 8 am hes climbing the walls, doesn't want to play, is clinging to my skirt and wants to GO OUT! In the afternoon hes easier to entertain for some reason. I am going crazy by 8 am every day, and am just beginning to wake up. I am really not enjoying my mornings at all and am finding it difficult to keep my patience with him in the morning being that I'm sooo tired at that unheard of hour. of course, I'm exhausted and don't know how I could get to sleep any earlier than I already do!

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:54 am
btw, I am working on getting him to sleep longer. I'm trying every trick in the book. so no advice on getting him to sleep longer please. but WHAT TO DO until this problem is fixed!

shevi82

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:58 am
Teach him to play by himself quietly in the morning.
I prepare books and clics at night and my kids play quietly until I get up. It's great to be an early riser, but five is really a bit too early, maybe he goes to bed too early?

e1234

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 12:40 pm
I know this isn't so helpful but they eventually grow out of it.
all my kids went through the waking up at 5 am stage (and waking up the house)
but now my 9 year old has to be woken up and nudged out of bed - and I remember the days he was the one waking at 5.

DovDov

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 12:56 pm
Step one, of course, is to put him in a toddler bed so he CAN get up and play quietly by himself. Leaving a sippy with water and a container of cheerios might help too...

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 3:13 pm
hes in a crib and throws the toys out and cries.we are moving tomorrow, and as soon as we're settled (or should I just do it from tomorrow night?!) I want to take the rail off his crib or get him a toddler bed. its also a house with 2 floors so I can put up the stair guard and lock all the other doors so he can't get into trouble in the morning.
sippy cup + cheerios is a great idea (except he doesn't like anything but weetabix and that he can't really eat without milk) I'll try and think of something else. its more of a distraction then him being hungry Wink maybe grapes will work since they don't spoil.

I tried putting him to sleep later, 15 minutes later each day til we got to 8, 8:30 even and he still woke up crazy early. by 7 hes pretty much asking to be in bed and has red eyes. He fell asleep at 6:30 on the floor once shock he didn't wake up when I walked around calling his name and I found him halfway under the table! I felt soo bad. thats what happens when you wake up at 4:30 I guess Confused poor thing.
I think once I'm up and about I'll be able to let him play in the back garden (BH that we found a place with an enclosed outdoor area! he loves being outdoors) and that should help me a lot. I hope it gets better in our new place.
I can't wait til he's a teenager Very Happy I'll wake him at 5 and remind him. lol!

DovDov

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 3:31 pm
Putting mine ot sleep late doesn't help either. He still gets up at the same time and is tired/whiny all day.

We actually od almonds, not cheerios, because they don't make a mess. But DS also comes into our room to do his morning thing; don't know if I'd want him alone with choke-ables.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 3:33 pm
yeah you are right about that, I hate leaving him alone while eating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics