Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does anyone have an Insinkerator?

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 8:55 am
We just got an Insinkerator, and waiting for it to be installed. We have 2 sinks - one milchig, one fleishig. Spacewise it works out better under the milk sink. Are there any kashrus issues with throwing meaty stuff down in it that case? or would it be better to put it under the meat sink (which means losing a whole big cupboard Sad )

fiddle

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 9:20 am
I would imagine its a problem in case it backs up in the sink . my mom always had one on the meat side.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 9:33 am
Having had them for many years (presently 2; 1 each in separate milchig and fleishig sinks), I'd suggest you skip it altogether. Despite being used properly, I've only had problems with mine that after any significant usage they (or their pipes) get clogged.

I no longer put anything other than total mush down them and even that is rare. I try not to use them at all to avoid expensive plumbing bills.

And, I have the largest, most heavy-duty type.

caringarden

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:15 pm
I had mine removed. In the long run it made more problems than it was worth.

brklin

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:18 pm
I have an insinkerator in my fleishig sink and its great! no more sticking my hands all over the sink to clean out all the shmutz just press the button and voilaa! everything gets sucked down the drain
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen