Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Homeopathy
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Aish

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 6:15 pm
we use homeaphathy for most everything. I got treatment for emotional issues as well as physical. I use an m.d. who also practices homeopathy, so we get remedies for most things.
and I also had a homeopathic birthing kit. it has many remedies that I used throughout the labor, deliveries, and after birth's.

luv2bamom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 6:19 pm
I was always a DOCTOR person! but after my son had some real bad excema I started with homeopathy and it worked fantastic! now I use it all the time croup, colds, coughs ect. so far thank G-D it works really well for my kids! speakig of which I cant get through to the women who usually tells me what to do, any of you homeopaths out there know what to do for hurting ears????????

middy

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 8:47 pm
luv2bamom-- take your child to a chiropractor. it works immediately to relieve pain !!There's nothing else like it.

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 12:30 am
http://video.google.com/url?do.....Py7Uw

mali

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:32 am
LOL, thanks!

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 9:17 am
Is this some kind of conspiracy to delegitimize holistic medicine?

Sounds like BS to me. I've seen homeopathy work and I dont believe a word the guy says.

Unless it's a joke, and I'm just thick, which is very possible LOL

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:25 am
I hate to say it but the guy knows what he's talking about.
my father is a clincial doctor and he told me this AFTER he studied homeopathy (he studied it bc so amny people wanted "healthy" natrual" medicines).

homeopathy is not refering to viatmins or minerals or herbs or different eating habits. those are validated always.

challenge a homeopathis doctor and you will hear the same stuff, oh but in a very convincing matter. I would also be convincing if I could make that kind of money bluffing.

red sea

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:36 am
la456 wrote:

homeopathy is not refering to viatmins or minerals or herbs or different eating habits. those are validated always.

I am still under the impression that that IS what homeopathic medicine IS.

lubcoralsprings

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:44 am
I agree with that video. It's all homeopathy is a bunch of nonsense. I think people that prescribe that stuff, obviously not real doctors, are doing it for money. Sometimes people are willing to believe anything and spend at all cost for it. It's unfortunate that in todays society, where people are educated, that people still buy into that nonsense.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 12:11 pm
What exactly did he expose besides the fact that he doesn't beleave in homeopathy?

When I've seen it work what am I seeing?

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 1:24 pm
Why has my DD stopped screaming from teething pain after taking Camilia,
if it's all nonsense?

Why do cuts. scrapes etc heal quickly after applying Arnica, if it's all nonsense?

Anyone can make claims like him. You can't disprove the evidence of thousands of satisfied homeopathy users.

Nice try, James. Rolling Eyes

shayna82

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 1:25 pm
I agree.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 1:40 pm
lubcoralsprings wrote:
I agree with that video. It's all homeopathy is a bunch of nonsense. I think people that prescribe that stuff, obviously not real doctors, are doing it for money. Sometimes people are willing to believe anything and spend at all cost for it. It's unfortunate that in todays society, where people are educated, that people still buy into that nonsense.

You sound like someone who's too convinced she's right to even try it and see what it's about before making statements like that.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 1:49 pm
I usually give my children pellets, but recently I got a liquid form of homeopathy. Why is it that they get very very tired from it? My husband took a remedy like this and he said he started hallucinating (he had also drank wine for kiddush though.) Anyubody know what the story is with these types of alcohol based homeopathy...why they knock people out? Thanks

healthymama

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 2:13 pm
Anything, even sugar pills, will work some of the time. This is called the placebo effect. People think it will work or heal faster and it seems to be so to them. I know people who spent and continue to spend tons of good money on homeopathic remedies and all they get told is "you need more of this and of that and you know, this one is very good too". I know very few people who buy one thing and are done with it.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 3:03 pm
I would take a placebo if it works good, tell me where I could get them.

I have seen homeopathy work on children too younge for placebo affects and children who absolutly think it's hocus pocus and it worked on the other hand it also didn't work in some cases at all after trying different remedies. So like anything else, you don't know what the keily for a refuah could be. I like to be open to different methods.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 3:13 pm
Let's not forget that conventional medications have also been known for their placebo affect. I've read studies about that regarding psychotropic medications and I know that it can take upto 6 weeks for the drugs to kick in and women report feeling much better after a day or two.
So, same is true for homeopathic remedies. Sometimes it works, sometimes not--however in Europe and India it's a very accepted form of medication.
Do Cancer drugs work or not??????? Does your doctor have answers to your questions and solutions for all your needs???? Sometimes yes and sometimes not. Same for homeopathic drugs.
By the way, I've seen major denunciation on Chiropractic Doctors. Are they also con artists?
As long as one is healthy, it's ok to besmirch everyone, once a person gets sick they must turn to every venue to find a cure.

redhot

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
By the way, I've seen major denunciation on Chiropractic Doctors. Are they also con artists?

if a chiropractor claims to be able to cure ANY infection or virus, or tries to sell you vitamins etc, they are con artists.

I read this on the website for standard practice for chiropractors in america.

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:
What exactly did he expose besides the fact that he doesn't beleave in homeopathy?

You seem to have missed the point. His entire presentation was to explain WHY he thinks homeopathy is ridiculous.

thanks for posting it tefila Smile

It was very amusing but I'm also left wondering how sometimes babies are reported to have done so well with these remedies. Can't be a placebo effect. Is it that they would have gotten better regardless?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 6:27 pm
I have a child with a serious medical condition. A couple of years ago, I made a decision to try natural medicine and homeopathy just so I know "I did everything" and left no stone unturned to try to help my child.
All I can say is - I'm definately thousands less in my bank account, and my child is no closer to being cured. It did though, provide temporary relief ON SOME DAYS - which could or could not be coincidental.
I DO NOT believe in homeopathy and believe there can be serious side effects, as you really do not know what these herbs etc. contain and the risks. My theory is, that if it did cure people, trust me the insurance companies would push for FDA approval, as they want our children and us healthy as much as we do!
I no longer laugh at families that do try homeopathy and natural medicine as parents feel they need to try at least. I hope though, that they don't put too much money down the drain before they see the truth!
Thanks for sharing this link.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics