Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Anyone have a recipe for chicken pot pie?

myomi

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 2:37 pm
im looking for a recipe for chicken pot pie,empire meats used to make a delicious one however I havent seen it in a long time...does anyone have a recipe????????please post if you do!
thanx!

zuncompany

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 3:50 pm
I make it up each time. This is what I basically do. I take 2 frozen pie shells. I defrost the shells. I shread left over chicken and put that on the bottom of one of the pie shells. Than I take potatoes, carrots, and sometimes onion and boil them. Than dump that all over the chicken. Add pees on top (I use frozen). I make some gravy (just any old gravy recipe). dump that over. Than flip the other pie crust on top of it and blend the top and bottom crusts together. Cut some slits and bake.

sara

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 3:50 pm
I have never tried this, so I can't vouch for its tastiness, but here's a recipe (from the Maatamim cookbook, PTA of BY of Queens)

2 large whole chicken breasts
2 tablespoons margarine
1 small onion, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 c. water
16 oz. package of frozen mixed vegetables
1 envelope chicken bouillon
1 c. pareve milk
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
salt, pepper and rosemary to taste
8 oz. dough

Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks and cook in hot margarine in a 10" skillet till brown. Remove chicken, saute onions in the chicken drippings. In a seperate cup, combine cornstarch and water, add to the onions along with the rest of ingredients except dough. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the chicken and remove skillet from heat. Roll out the dough to an 11x14" rectangle. Slice into fourteen 1" strips. Make a lattice on top of the skillet and roll the rest around the edges. Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 10 minutes.

Let us know how it comes out, if you decide to make it!

myomi

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 10:38 am
thank you so much,im gonna try that recipe tongiht for dinner

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 12:36 pm
Sarahd thanks a million Very Happy

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 10:45 pm
for my shower, a friend gave me a 2-day-supper recipe.
basically, day 1, make chicken w/ potatoes as you please.
day 2, take leftovers, add carrots and pototoes, some onion soup mix and water. put in dough pie shell, cover with another. bake 400 for 1 hour. yummmmm (fattening!)

Tila

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 3:12 pm
I make chicken soup, use the chicken from it. First I saute 2 chopped onions, add celery sliced, andd baby carrots quartered, a chopped up pimento, dried sage(1 tsp), 2 cups of mixed frozen veggies. Add 1 tbsp of flour, sir to avoid lumps, slowly pour in three cups of the chichen soup, lower heat when thick, add chicken. put in a 9 x 13 pan cover with basic pie crust. Make slits and bake for 20 mmins.

JMto2

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:20 am
My grandmther used to make a delicious chicken pot pie and no one has the recipe for it. I wanted to know if anyone has a good chicken pot pie reccipe I would love to make it for supper with my extra chicken. thanks in advance.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:36 am
I made a good one. With a package of frozen veggies, cut up soup or Friday night chicken, and a crust made out of any recipe you like.

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:44 am
Unfortunately, I can't help you with your Grandmother's recipe, but here's what I do:
Mix up leftover chicken with sauteed onions and a load of boiled, cubed potato. I don't put any spices in other than duck sauce, or if I don't have any. then apricot jam. Toss all together and put into a casserole, cover with puff pastry, brush with beaten egg and make a few holes with a fork.
Bake in hot oven for I dont know maybe 20 minutes or until the pastry looks done.

Mishie

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:48 am
My neighbor gave me a great idea. She takes the chicken from her soup (before Shabbos). She cuts it into cubes, mixes it with Mushroom Sauce, and puts the whole mixture into puff pastry. I'm not sure if she makes like individual knishes, or if she rolls the whole thing into a roll. But, I bet you can do the same thing with lining the bottom of a pie pan with dough, adding the mixture, and topping with more dough.
You can also add a bag of veggies, like: broccoli or mushrooms.
Let me know if you try it.... (maybe I'll give it a try too)

batya_d

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 1:34 pm
I use a premade pareve pie crust.

Cut up leftover soup chicken, sautee an onion, carrots, celery and add chicken. Add 3 tbsp. flour to thicken, then chicken broth and reduce until creamy. Pour in pie crust!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 4:28 pm
it freezes great, too!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:23 pm
I use the Spice & Spirit recipe. It is soooo good!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:37 pm
I cut up 2 pieces of chicken cutlets into small pieces and brown it in a pot. Once that's done, I add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and about a cup of water mixed with a little chicken soup mix. After everything is cooked, I add some corn starch so it thickens.

I pour it into a premade pie crust and put another pie crust on top and put it in the oven on 350 until the pie shell is slighly brown.

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 8:54 pm
mine is similar to others-but I think easier

cut up soup chicken, can of pareve mushroom soup, 8 oz frozen mixed veges and peppper. mix it and put into premade crust (I make two at a time and use the 3rd crust that comes in the pkg. to make strip across the top)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 23 2006, 9:31 pm
leftover chicken, maybe some carrots and potatoes (best to precook), a spoonful of onion soup mix, some water...
put all into frozen pie crust. top with pie crust.
bake 375 for 1 hour.
I've also added in other veggies, even leftover cholent!
mmmm...but fattening because of the crust.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey