Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Superkvetch!!!!

SingALong

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:26 pm
so my darling 3 year old daughter, usually cheerful and happy go lucky has become an unreasonable kvetch overnight. well maybe not overnight but certainly in the past couple of weeks. seh has mishgasen of how things need to be done, (how I need to precisely put her food on her plate, the order of clothes to get ehr dressed in, her blankets at night need to be just so, etc. etc. ) and if it wasn't done a certain way, oy the wailing and carrying on is unbearable!!!!
this is with other stuff like if she's playing happily in the playroom and I go upstairs for something she freaks out, comes up screaming, and tells me to undo whatever I did I.e. if I put on a shaitel, to take it off, if I made my bed, to mess it up, whatever.

how do I deal with this? a couple of times I put her in the crib to discipline her, but I dont' think she undertands what she's doing wrong. (I can barely pinpoint it either!!!) its also very frusterating for my older DD age 6 who often jsut gives in to DD age 3 just to keep her quiet.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:30 pm
welcome to the lovely world of toddlerhood Very Happy

I don't have any advice/tips, only that I can definitely sympathize with you

Hug Hug Hug

fiddle

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:59 pm
maybe she has an ear infection or strep.

all I know is any time my kids are acting whinier than usual or out of the blue, and I keep getting annoyed, my mom mentions that that may have an ear infection, well so far (and my kids are not regulars at the drs.) every time they started acting up - a week into it and im out of my mind - I take em , and walla something is off. last time it was strep ....weird but what can I tell you... worth a try.... if not - I guess hope its a stage that passes fast... its not fun...

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 8:33 pm
If it's TOTALLY out of the blue-sudden change in behavior, I'd have her checked physically. Maybe an ear infection? strep?--infections or other physical ailments can seriously alter childrens' temperament.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics