Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Karmiel, Israel??????????????

CeeWhyGee

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 5:28 pm
I might need to move from Yerushalayim to Karmiel in the near future...
Does anyone know anything about the community or the people who live there?

Rebshosh

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 5:30 pm
http://www.nbn.org.il/communit.....ty/60

CeeWhyGee

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 5:36 pm
Yeah, I read that, I was hoping to find someone on here who lives there...

themom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 5:42 pm
I have a sister who lives there with her family. They like it very much. What would you like to know?

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 6:21 pm
I also have a sister there. I visited her a few times. BIL is in the kollel there. The community is pretty diverse. There are the kollel families, Russians, Ethiopians, Sefardim, etc. The people I met there were nice.

theotherone

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 9:56 am
there is a poster November who just took a pilot trip there and really liked it. perhaps PM her for more details.

November

Post Tue, Jul 20 2010, 9:03 pm
November, here...
As noted above, my husband and I did take a quick pilot trip to Karmiel, and based on that and on the research we've done and the people we've spoken to, we are moving there! We will be making aliyah as a family in September, G-d Willing. It will be easier to answer more specific questions, but here is what I can say about it: it's absolutely gorgeous there, purple mountains all around, the climate is pleasant (rather than unbearably hot/humid), it rains a lot during the winter, it's a planned city so the buildings are low and there are many parks and trails. We are joining the community having looked at Ramat Beit Shemesh, Nof Ayalon, Mevo Choron, Moshav Mattityahu, etc. What we understand about the Karmiel community is that it is unique: warm, friendly, kiruv-oriented. There is a Rav Hareishit named Rav Margolit who is well respected not only among the religious community, but also has a good working relationship with the mayor. I was so impressed that he had set up a soup kitchen to benefit the entire community. I was also surprised to hear that in a town with so few frum families, there are separate swimming hours for women! It is not your typical closed charedi community. They don't seem to be concerned with pedigree or takanons. If you have kids, I can tell you about elementary schools (Amichai and the cheder), since we did go to visit them. I'd love to give you more info if you either write to me or post more questions.

Aliyah Lift Shipping

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 8:33 am
I live about 20 minutes NORTH of Karmiel. I go there for various reasons about every other month. My eldest kids too advanced ulpan there. There is a new 'anglo' Young Israel of Karmiel in the Dromi Neighborhood that is turning out to be very popular!
You can email rabbschwartz@yahoo.com and talk to him and ask for his weekly Holyland Insights Email / dvar Torah.

dilego

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 8:41 am
I have some nice charieidi israeli cousins living there they love it but I have never been there

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 10:09 am
bringing back up this topic

can anyone tell me about the community in karmiel

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 11:13 am
what do you want to know?

Marion

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 8:24 pm
HappyMom is also there.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 9:37 pm
This thread is 2 years old...

September June

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 9:40 pm
Drmom, amother 4 posts up asked for new information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating