Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can't loose wait - I give up!!! (sorry long)
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 4:58 am
I'm not huge but def. overweight and being short doesn't help either. Also the upper part of my body is a disproportionally short. When I was a teenager and later in Shidduchim I tried every diet you can imagine. From simply eating healthy to fruit days to soup days etc. I went to a nutritionist and took pills and I don't know what. I followed a diet from a doctor. I spent time on the crosstrainer every day. etc. etc. and what happened? NOTHING. yes every time I would loose a few measly pounds and then gain them right back. Nothing helped. After the wedding I decided to quit it all and just eat normal. And I still stayed at the same weight without dieting... We eat very healthy with lots of fruits and veggies, almost no junk, I bake with ww flour and brown sugar, no butter or margerine etc.
After I had a baby I b"H lost all the extra weight very quickly and am now back to square one (plus a flabby stomach). I'm still nursing so have to eat normal and I'm totally not willing to go on any more diets. I've spend enough years being miserable.
However I am HORRIBLY self-conscious, never feel good about the way I look, when I look at my wedding pictures I want to cry etc. Plus I have a family simcha coming up and I REALLY want to be able to look good.
Is it really time to just give up?
PS. I'm really not that big...

anonymom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 6:41 am
I totally understand you. I admire the healthy way you eat. Do you have trouble moving around and do you get out of breath from going up stairs? If not, maybe accept the way you are (as long as you do not gain) , and look into finding a good dressmaker who can make you look terrific.

entropy

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 7:25 am
You're doing everything right by living a healthy lifestyle. Judge yourself by how you take care of yourself, not by your size. And if you really do eat healthy and take care to be active I'm sure you look beautiful and that it shines through. It doesn't matter what size you are at all.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 7:40 am
I know you didn't ask for weight-loss tips, but I will give you one - vitamins. I'm not saying to take some crazy amount of vitamins, but if you are deficient in some vitamins or minerals, your body is just not functioning as well as it should. I take a multivitamin, iron, calcium, b-vitamins and folic acid. I have a much easier time losing weight now (taking vitamins, eating more) than when I was in college and I was strict about what I ate, but never took vitamins.

Also, find some stylish plus-sized clothes that look good on you.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 10:45 am
Maybe read thru this thread, this diet has helped countless pp when nothing else would.
Hatzlacha.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+diet

MrsDash

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:03 am
Doing some exercise can definitely help with self esteem issues. Keep your diet as it is for now, but maybe go walking with a carriage every day. Also, you can buy a pilates video to help keep your core strong and tone your body at the same time. Push ups of all different kinds and various types of crunches can help with your strength training. Exercising naturally releases endorphins, which can make you feel happier.

su7kids

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:07 am
I have been listening to a series of tapes from 1988 and they have very sound principles when it comes to weight control. Firstly, its not about weight loss, its about control.

Secondly, your body has a 'set point' where it is comfortable and one of the ways to lower that set point is to continue to exercise (walking is good, for about 30-45 minutes a day) and move faster. He says don't diet, just eat the right foods. Complex carbs (veggies) not too much protein, and some fats. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're not. Don't eat when you're not hungry. Always eat breakfast.

The exercise may not show improvement right away, but if you do it every day, eventually it will click in and the weight will fall off. Meantime, you'll get fitter and your muscles will get firmer.

We didn't get overweight in a day, so we're not going to get skinny in a day.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
Maybe read thru this thread, this diet has helped countless pp when nothing else would.
Hatzlacha.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+diet

I'll ditto that. I am doing the HHCG diet now and it is phenomenal. For more info on it, go to www.myfatcure.com.

If you decide to try it, please go through that link so I'll get referral credit.

Good luck!

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:40 pm
su7kids wrote:
I have been listening to a series of tapes from 1988 and they have very sound principles when it comes to weight control. Firstly, its not about weight loss, its about control.

Secondly, your body has a 'set point' where it is comfortable and one of the ways to lower that set point is to continue to exercise (walking is good, for about 30-45 minutes a day) and move faster. He says don't diet, just eat the right foods. Complex carbs (veggies) not too much protein, and some fats. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're not. Don't eat when you're not hungry. Always eat breakfast.

The exercise may not show improvement right away, but if you do it every day, eventually it will click in and the weight will fall off. Meantime, you'll get fitter and your muscles will get firmer.

We didn't get overweight in a day, so we're not going to get skinny in a day.

Can you tell me the name of the tapes? I'd like to get them. Thanks!!

su7kids

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:54 pm
Its called the Neuropsychology of Weight Control, by Cybervision I believe. I saw it available used from Amazon for $7 for the whole set. It does have a work book, but if you don't get the work book you can still learn from it.

I transferred it to CDs so I can listen in my car!

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:29 pm
su7kids wrote:
Its called the Neuropsychology of Weight Control, by Cybervision I believe. I saw it available used from Amazon for $7 for the whole set. It does have a work book, but if you don't get the work book you can still learn from it.

I transferred it to CDs so I can listen in my car!

Todah Rabah!

baba

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 3:59 pm
Have you ever been to the dr?
This could be a symptom for something else.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 8:23 pm
it sounds like that the set point for your body.
if u had trouble losing weight u wouldnt have lost the weight from the pregnancy with just eating healthy
you didnt say what size u actually are, it can all be in your mind that you are overweight.
also the shorter someone is, it often makes them look heavier

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 8:33 pm
You should visit a dr.--my neighbor had a murder time losing weight, I think she was told to take something (does vitamin A sound right?) and a hormone to fix whatever was keeping her back from losing.

You sound burned out. I dieted and dieted and dieted several years ago and I was the most miserable human being ever. Until I gave up and decided to be happy with who I was. I didn't diet for 2-3 years, and you know what? When I was finally ready to diet, I threw myself into it wholeheartedly and began to lose serious weight.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 10:05 pm
I tried everything and even the nutritionist agreed that I'd be a good candidate for the lap band. I lost a very nice amount on it already when even exercise didn't help before that. I don't know if you've thought about it or considered it, but if you want any information, feel free to post or PM.

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 10:10 pm
(It's lose weight) carry on.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 5:05 am
Yikes just realized I wrote wait embarrassed
I'm a size 42-44 (I think that's 12-14?)
And short
Oh and a super skinny husband who com from one of those disgusting families who eat, eat and eat and are all so SKINNY!!!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 11:03 am
Forget about what everyone else is eating and doing.

Mina

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 11:52 am
Lesli Sansone has wonderful cds called Walked away the pounds. Very easy to follow with great results!!!cosco has alot of her tapes. Lots of luck!!!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 12:17 pm
Quote:
Oh and a super skinny husband who com from one of those disgusting families who eat, eat and eat and are all so SKINNY!!!

And they often end up with more cholesterol and diabetes than a non skinny person who pays a bit attention... sad but true

OP, have you tried to google low carb pasta and go from there to find food that will make you lose but won't make you feel hungry?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise