Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for mother in law......

aussiegal

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 4:59 am
hi! I live in Israel and am going to America for a month, staying at my in-laws. I think we're gonna get my father -in-law a nice pen that my husband said he'll for sure like, but what should I get my mother in law? I don't have kids yet, so no pictures/mugs etc. are applicable. And she b'h has the means to buy whatever she wants, adn her house is already full of tonz of odds and ends. We'll have to buy her flowers on erev shabbos, but that's gonna have to be IN ADDITION to a gift. Any suggestions?(I don't think a spa treatment will work, and she already gets manicures every week!)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 7:29 am
it was just my inlaws aniversary and we did a proffesional picture of all the kids and kids in law, there are no grandchildren yet either. we had it framed nicely and my inlaws loved it.
another nice thought is to write your mother in law a nice card and let her know you would like to spend a day out with her, this might mean more to her than any present.
I live in israel too
I usually spend most of the time I am in america by my inlaws with DH when I did this my MIL was so touched and thought it very special.

chen

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 9:11 am
It would always help when asking this sort of question to state your approximate price range.

An item of Nissim Hizme-style silver jewelry with her Hebrew name is a classic. If you get a neck chain with pendant that also has a bar pin in back, she can use it as a brooch or a necklace, whichever she prefers.

If she's like me, she will love any Israeli product simply b/c it's an israeli product. Hand cream, shampoo, those Elite candies filled with liqueur if they still make them, an assortment of Israeli spices and condiments, esp. those that are not common in the US like charif and zaatar, mixes for exotic dishes like pilaf, or that wonderful Magic Tea Chest that has about 8 different varieties of tea in a wooden box. Sounds to me like your mil has all the chachkes she needs or wants, and s/t consumable will show your appreciation w/o adding to the general clutter.

MOM222

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 10:56 pm
Just a few things my mother has gotten and enjoys.

Monogram Hand Towels
Monogram Linen Napkins
Napkin holders- You can get crystal ones- really pretty in Yerushalim..
Nice new cookbook
A new book you think she may enjoy
Oven to Table Dish
Leather Siddur/Tehillim/Perek Shira.....
New Wallet
Scarf/Pashmina

There is a new coffee table book called Love of the Land
Volume One by Rabbi Mendel Weinbach it has really beautiful pictures of Eretz Yisroel.

aussiegal

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 9:26 am
wow! thanks for the ideas. I think I have enough now to last for buying gifts for the next couple of years. So thanks tonz! Smile

mother48

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 9:41 am
the isreali style tichels are always great(not a full size gift though)

I like the wooden tea box or monogrammed towels-she can use them at the shabbos table.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics