Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How much is too much?

Ima2

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 2:03 pm
we live in Israel and do not have a car. For camp my 2 kids (3 and 5 year old girls) walk about 15-20 minutes to and from camp. Keep in mind that in the middle of the afternoon when they come home around 1:30, it is really hot outside. Then my MIL wants us to give the girls swimming lessons, which happen to be another 20 minute walk from our apt. Is it too much to have my kids walk 20 mins in the am, 20 mins in the pm and then another 20 mins to and 20 mins from swim lessons? Swim lessons are only 2x a week.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 2:10 pm
It's great! They will be tired and go to sleep early and sleep well. The most important thing is to remember to keep them protected from the sun by wearing a hat (I hope the pool has an awning) , and to keep them well hydrated. If they are willing to walk so much I would say you are one lucky mommy. Once upon a time, we ALL walked this much in Israel. There simply was no other way to get around!
Are they walking by themselves or do you have to walk with them?

drumjj

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 2:41 pm
good luck, my kids would never walk that much and they are older. also swimming is exhausting. but if u can get them to do it, its great they will sleep well at night

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 2:43 pm
do they WANT swimming lessons ?

Ima2

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 4:59 pm
yes, they love swimming! they had lessons last summer in the US and had a blast. I guess I am lucky that they are willing to walk. I guess they are used to it. B"H Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics