Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kids wearing undershirts
1  2  Next

cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 8:17 pm
What's the point of kids wearing undershirts in warm weather?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 8:18 pm
To absorb the sweat

challi

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 8:20 pm
ds wears it under his tzitzis. dd wears it so that her shirt rubbing doesn't bother her. There are plenty of reasons.

Atali

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 8:21 pm
My boys wear undershirts to separate the tzitzis from the skin. However, I see no reason to give my DD an undershirt in any season. If I don't wear one, why should she?

zigi

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 8:25 pm
Atali wrote:
My boys wear undershirts to separate the tzitzis from the skin. However, I see no reason to give my DD an undershirt in any season. If I don't wear one, why should she?

I agree I make dd wear one if the neckline is low. otherwise she doesn't wear one in the summer

challi

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 9:12 pm
truth is if dd didn't insist on it I'd prefer her not too either. But the tags and seems of the shirts she has she complains "hurt" her. So no getting around that.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 9:41 pm
I rarely wear a 2nd layer, unless it's very cold weather.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 11:07 pm
I have my dds start wearing undershirts around age 9-10, when they are just beginning to develop. This extra layer gives enough coverage for that time, until they will need training bras. None of them complained that they were too hot. I don't think kids feel the heat as we do.

to the person with the dd with sensitivity to seams/tags - there are companies that don't have tags - the info is printed right on the shirt or undershirt. It helps a ton with my child who is very sensitive to touch.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 12:10 am
My husband wears undershirts as he was brought up with them and is used to them but my kids don't. We didn't wear them growing up and I would have hated to in hot months, too hot. My boys wear tzitzis against their skin, we haven't had big sweat issues yet though. But 3 layers in summer just seems way too many and to be honest it just makes my husband look fatter than he already is.

Necklines I don't consider to be an undershirt in the same way.

Oh and I really don't like the tshirt style undershirts. It's all my husband will wear but they look terrible under shirts, sleeveless look much nicer.

cbsdbs

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 12:30 pm
There really isn't any reason though if they are swety, the undershirt absorbs the sweat. As far as boys, those who wear tzitzis have to wear an undershirt as the tzitzis isn't shouldn't have direct skin contact.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 12:37 pm
The boys wear to seperate the tzitzis from the skin but the girls don't wear on the very hot days.

prettyme

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 1:09 pm
One dd insists on wearing undershirt always. DD #2 only wears undershirt in the winter. I think every person has their own feeling about wearing something that hugs the skin, it doesn't matter what the weather.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 1:44 pm
amother wrote:
My boys wear tzitzis against their skin, we haven't had big sweat issues yet though. But 3 layers in summer just seems way too many and to be honest it just makes my husband look fatter than he already is.

I learned they must wear an undershirt. That the tzitzits are not to touch the skin.

What about wool?! I hate it, but the accepted practice in my circles is wool year round. In this summer heat it's hot!

I hate that they have to sleep in them too!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 1:50 pm
Wool what? Tzitzis or undershirts?

My dh holds that ds needs an undershirt under his tzitzis so I make sure he wears cotton tzitzis, not wool. Dh wears wool tzitzis, but that's his prerogative. None of my dds wear undershirts in the summer.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 1:55 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Wool what? Tzitzis or undershirts?

My dh holds that ds needs an undershirt under his tzitzis so I make sure he wears cotton tzitzis, not wool. Dh wears wool tzitzis, but that's his prerogative. None of my dds wear undershirts in the summer.

Lol that's wool tzitzis. Wool undershirt omg that would be horrible!

At some point the boys will be expected to wear wool no? I'm assuming so if your DH does. If you wait until they are older to start wearing wool, it's possible you may face resistance when they are older??

drumjj

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 2:21 pm
my daughters wear undershirts in the winter but not in the summer

shopaholic

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 2:50 pm
I always make my boys wear them, like Atali says to separate the tzitzis from the skin. Not my DDs though. I have a 2.5 year old boy in my playgroup that comes with one everyday. And socks with sandals. Poor kid!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 3:08 pm
shopaholic wrote:
I always make my boys wear them, like Atali says to separate the tzitzis from the skin. Not my DDs though. I have a 2.5 year old boy in my playgroup that comes with one everyday. And socks with sandals. Poor kid!

"socks with sandals"

My boys do that one too!

mindyme

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 3:11 pm
there are undershirt Tzitzes - undershirts with tzitzes attached. I don't use them, but since e/o here is saying that the tzitzes beged may not be next to the skin, I wonder why these are ok? Maybe bec only young (under 13 yo) boys wear them?

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 3:12 pm
My Dh and sons all wear undershirts, even in the Israeli summer, to separate the tzitzit from their skin. Were it not for tzitzit, they wouldn't need an undershirt with a cotton T-shirt or polo shirt. I'd never let them out of the house in a dress shirt with no undershirt. I think that's disgusting, but a lot of men here do that. ich.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children