Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Gyms in Brooklyn

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 9:26 pm
I'm looking to sign up to a gym in Brooklyn and I'd love to hear your experiences. I used to go to the Kosher Gym, which was great as it was open all hours, separate, decently priced and had babysitting. Since then I haven't gone anywhere. Had some experience with Lucille Roberts, but there were too many politics involved with getting a machine, and the place was swamped at night.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 9:38 pm
If it's Lucille on Kings Highway, that branch IS very crowded. I went a few times and never went back. Also, the women there are MEAN and HORRIBLE.

I use the one near my office Wall Street, and the one near my apt., Pitkin Avenue. I also like Downtown Brooklyn very much, and occasionally go to Flatbush Avenue. But I rarely go on the machines; I like the classes. I found that the women who attend are much friendlier too.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 9:56 pm
I used to belong to gold's gym and it was amazing. the babysitting area was beautiful, open, visible, and free. there were always available machines any time of day, and their hours were fantastic.

unfortunately, they are also pretty pricey so I switched to lucille. but I'd go there again in a heartbeat if I could afford it!

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 10:14 pm
Where is Gold's?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 12:44 am
it's in mill basin, next door to gil hodges bowling alley.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 10:51 am
Is Gold's mixed? I'm loathe to exercise fully dressed.

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 11:28 am
yeah it is.

mimimom

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 4:15 pm
I'm a Kosher Gym refugee too. I used to attend the 6:30 AM "minyan" and I really miss all the ladies!!!!
Now we go to a little place in Kensington--good hours, better equipment, but mixed and more expensive. Crying I wish some honest frum person (ha-mayvin yavin)would start another affordable separate-seating gym. There certainly is a community for it.

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 5:24 pm
I hear that the lucille roberts on ralph ave is pretty decent and nice.

I go to curves. don't know if that's the kind of gym you are looking for. it's pricey. but all women. The one I go to offers abs and pilates classes (free to members) twice a week , as well.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 5:51 pm
I go to lucille on ralph. it's *ok.*

it's not super crowded like I hear the kings hwy one is, and it also has babysitting, but it's old looking and there aren't a ton of machines. that said, my membership is still well worth it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 7:51 pm
Ralph is the ONLY Brooklyn location I haven't been to yet, it's 3 buses. But one of the trainers there works on Pitkin Avenue, where I go every Sunday, and I like him.

brenda

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 6:56 am
Does anyone go to Lucille Roberts on 86 street. If yes how's the babysitting?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 3:25 pm
There's no LUcille on 86th Street in Manhattan....unles you mean Brooklyn (Bay Ridge)?

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 9:29 pm
Just found out there's a place on Ft. Hamilton in BP that has decent pricing and all women. They also do the Xerona thing and nutritional counseling. Plan on checking it out and will let you all know.

brenda

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 12:24 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
There's no LUcille on 86th Street in Manhattan....unles you mean Brooklyn (Bay Ridge)?

yep my mistake that's what I meant.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 12:26 pm
Ah. I thought so.

I've seen the room but not when its been open and in use.

Call for the hours of babysitting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise