Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How do you keep your toddler dry at night?

Tapuzi

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 5:05 pm
My 13 month old DS often wakes up in the middle of the night or early morning because his diaper has leaked and he is all wet. I use the overnight pampers. My mother recalls 'double diapering' her kids- ripping the bottom diaper a bit and putting another on top. I did not think that would work with the gel in modern diapers. I am seriously considering putting a Depends or maxi pad in his diaper for extra protection! Any other suggestions?

fiddle

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 5:14 pm
Rubber pants for cloth diapers or get a waterproof mat so you font haveto change the linen. Or up his diaper size.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 9:08 pm
You could always potty train Wink LOL .

losingweight

Post Fri, Jul 30 2010, 2:57 pm
I use a larger size diaper at night and leave the onesie snaps open. Works magic.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 30 2010, 2:58 pm
Stop withe bottles, specially at night. Dd drinks only from a cup and she has never leaked.

MommytoB

Post Fri, Jul 30 2010, 3:04 pm
Go one size bigger for overnights. We use huggies overnights.

2busy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 1:35 pm
stop or lessen the big drinks right before bed - I have had one kid that I change in the middle of the night but it sounds like ur baby is drinking too much

Blueberry Muffin

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 4:53 pm
b4 I go to sleep I check my kids - if they are wet - I change their diapers/pullups.

Tapuzi

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 5:19 pm
He nurses in the morning and before bed and has one 6 ounce bottle in the middle of the day. He also drinks some water during the day from a cup. He is not one of those kids drinking 4 8 oz bottle a day at all. I cannot imagine he gets too much from the nursing at night. I also cannot imagine changing him while asleep. Unfortunately, like me, he is a light sleeper. I have tried to go up a size in the overnights and it did not make a difference but I think I will try even the next size and I will try the Huggies instead of Pampers. Thanks all for your suggestions.
Now I should start a thread about weaning him from those 2 nursing sessions. But I am not quite ready for that yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics