Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
West Hempstead, NY

Nomad

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 1:19 pm
Hi! dh and I are trying to figure out where to live. anyone have any info on this community?? ive heard some good things about it and would love to hear some firsthand experience.

TIA! Smile

amother

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 1:26 pm
There is more modern than Wesley Hills. Wesley Hills is Yeshivish Modern.

Tuitions are lower in Monsey than in West Hempstead. HANC does not give tuition breaks.

granolamom

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:54 pm
my boys have lots of classmates from west hempstead, in 5towns yeshivas. can't say most, because I honestly do not know, but lots of people living in west hempstead send their kids into the five towns/far rockaway for school. its only 15 min from woodmere.
my boys are in Yeshiva of South Shore, just for reference.
if you want, I can ask a good friend of mine living there if I can pass her number on to you. pm me.
she sends her kids (girls) to Shulamit in woodmere

OheivYisrael

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 11:25 pm
I don't know exactly what type of community and hashkafa you're looking for, but it is a very nice place to live.
There are no local high schools, even HANC is about 10-15 minutes away. Most parents send there or to schools in the Five Towns.

It is a modern Orthodox community, but varies greatly- I know conservadox to black hatters living there.
It's really the most united community of its size that I've ever seen-- everyone follows and respects the Rabbi, who is a huge talmid chacham and anav. Even as minyanim break away, most are still part of the shul and many different minyanim (in different locations) still read all the same announcements every shabbos.

All that being said, I don't live there and don't intend to ever move there. :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating