Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do frum women get tummy tucks?
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 6:37 am
Well sorry if you don't like it. It's a common advice I received from various sources, frum and non Jewish. DONT look your best.

JC

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 6:44 am
Ruchel, I dont want to hijack this thread... do you mind if we start another based on this concept?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 6:45 am
I think there is already one, but sure we can!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 7:20 am
My dh told me I should get one. That was one of conditions to have another baby.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 7:22 am
amother wrote:
My dh told me I should get one. That was one of conditions to have another baby.

Your husband demanded you have plastic surgery? Please tell me you are a troll.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 7:22 am
amother wrote:

OMG. I don't know what's worse, telling you to get surgery, or the baby blackmail...
Tell him to get one too!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 7:49 am
DrMom wrote:

amother wrote:
OMG. I don't know what's worse, telling you to get surgery, or the baby blackmail...
Tell him to get one too!

I am not a troll and I'm a frequent poster. He didn't demand it of me and if I don't want it, I won't. He loves me no matter what, but hates my fat. I don't blame him, I do too. I would even want a tummy tuck plus... He did mentione breast lifts and I said, no. Telling him yes about the surgery for the baby, wasn't blackmail. I always get my way anyway LOL . You would have to know our relationship, which is a good one and open, to understand. He would get one if I told him to. He would do anything I ask him. I didn't do it yet because I want to lose as much as I can on my own, if not, I would need more than a tuck Rolling Eyes .

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
DrMom wrote:

amother wrote:
Tell him to get one too!

I am not a troll and I'm a frequent poster. He didn't demand it of me and if I don't want it, I won't. He loves me no matter what, but hates my fat. I don't blame him, I do too. I would even want a tummy tuck plus... He did mentione breast lifts and I said, no. Telling him yes about the surgery for the baby, wasn't blackmail. I always get my way anyway LOL . You would have to know our relationship, which is a good one and open, to understand. He would get one if I told him to. He would do anything I ask him. I didn't do it yet because I want to lose as much as I can on my own, if not, I would need more than a tuck Rolling Eyes .

A relationship like that isn't a "good one" by my definition, but if you are happy together, enjoy.

JC

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 8:09 am
I do get amother and her hubby's dynamic where they can say things like that. After all I my hubby and I have joked about my next husband LOL. Its our ability to say whatever comes to mind, and out warped sense of humor... luckily its something we share!

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 8:35 am
amother wrote:

Puke Puke Puke

odchai

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 12:10 pm
ask a Rav if it makes you feel better but I say go for it if you can afford it. It's something that I would rather spend money on than all the money spent on shaitels throughout my married life!

livalittle

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 2:13 pm
Do you have any idea how much a tummy tuck HURTS?!
The recovery is really difficult,ive heard.
I have been wanting one bec I have major twin skin which only isnt evident when im pregnant, but once I did some research,I thought again...

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 2:16 pm
There are higher risks of blood clots that cause heart attacks and deaths with tummy tucks.

Does your husband want you alive or dead?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 6:54 pm
I know liposuction is used more in our community after people do the stapeling or banding. Tummy tucks are not thaaat common.

Nuts

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 7:32 pm
I would say start having a healthy diet and do some exercise. That should get you more in shape. A woman has to look decent. She doesn't have to look like a super model. And I think if you gain weight your stomach stretches anyway.

Capitalchick

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 7:38 pm
If you go and visit the "chit chat" section and read through the thread called "What's the most unusual thing you've ever done", you will NEVER EVER again ask the question "Do frum women.....?".
You wouldn't believe the things that frum women do.
I hope the lesson you take away is that you should, within the boundaries of your religious beliefs and appropriate lifestyle, do whatever the heck you want!!

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 8:42 pm
fiddle wrote:
why would I ever ask a rabbi for permission to get a tummy tuck? I should opted for one when I got my c section Sad I wasnt prepared for the emergency, and neither was I given the option unfortunately. bc that darned pouch from the C aint going away... Sad

It's possible to discuss this with any doctor while pregnant and see if they'd be willing to do it if you do end up with a c. Just putting this out there.

amother wrote:
Two women close to me had them... So yes, frum women do get them. I have lots of reasons why I would never, but the one that I will tell you- it's not worth it because your fat is just displaced to other places as you get older and you don't end up looking all that different than from before.

It's not so much about fat per se (lipo is something else). It's for the belly apron (hanging skin).

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Aug 12 2010, 8:44 pm
Many of you are confusing a tummy tuck with lipo etc... TT's are generally done to cut out lots of hanging skin, usually from a pregnancy, or if someone loses a lot of weight. It is not one and the same.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise