Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO 2nd year seminary, Israel preferred
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 2:50 pm
Anybody know about the level of intellectual challenge at Chedvas and/or how to contact R. Kahane?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 2:52 pm
you can contact him at chedvasbaisyaakov I dont know his cell off hand but u can call the office and ask for his number tom 653-6255

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 3:00 pm
I'll put in a plug for Maalot Baltimore. I went there for 2nd year and it was a great experience--top notch rabbanim and teachers, very high level learning (anyone who has been in Mrs. Rosenbaum's class knows what I mean). the staff is very warm and it is very easy to create relationships with them. They have a dorm. you can get credit for everything and get a degree in a variety of subjects after 1 year. they get a really nice group of girls--mostly girls who have been in israel for shana aleph but since they also have a 1st year seminary program, most of those girls stay for shana bet.
www.maalotbaltimore.org

mosma

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 3:07 pm
shalhevet is part of neve.
all neve schools get credit through ACE. Those are great credits. Better than Touro Israel Option. and cheaper.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 3:15 pm
Anything else you can tell me about ACE? I didn't see anything at all about it on their website... Confused

Regarding Maalot, Baltimore or elsewhere, does anyone have experience with what happens afterward? Is the degree accepted out in the world? I know only one person who got their bachelor's degree through Maalot, she wanted to continue to grad school and couldn't get into anyplace good. Don't know if this girl is heading to grad school, but I'm wondering if the degrees are accepted professionally either.

mosma

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 4:28 pm
www.acenet.edu

the degree from neve is from thomas edison. I got my degree from them. it's not the best but it's not bad. I've never had a problem with MA programs, except for Touro but they won't take TE or Excelsior bec it's competition and they want you to go through Touro.
Personally, I think Raizel Reit gives a better degree through Excelsior but again, I haven't had any issues with Thomas Edison. My friend went to Columbia for OT or PT (some sort of therapy I don't remember) with a Thomas Edison degree.
The downside to TE degrees is you don't get a GPA and some colleges require that. But I think they have other ways around it.

Mommy F.

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 6:39 pm
Would Michlala Shana Bet be good for this girl?
Or is that too modern?
It is definitely very intellectual.
I am pretty sure they get credits.
They share some of the same teachers that are in the beis Yaakov schools.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 6:51 pm
Inspired wrote:
Shalhevet is not a first year program. It is neve's highest level. It is very intensive, in depth learning. It also attracts girls who did a first year in a regular seminary and want more intensive learning for their second year. It is not a college program, just torah, all day.

I'm with Inspired. I went to Shalhevet, and most of the girls in the program were shana bet from high-intensity shana alef programs. It's small, so I think it would provide the emotional component this girl is looking for. Good luck with the search!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 7:04 pm
YAVNE

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 9:31 pm
I'm the maalot baltimore one, I got into a masters program in social work at the university of maryland. no problem at all. I think that it could be hard to find a job with just a thomas edison degree, but it seems to me like many graduates get accepted into good grad schools. I think there's a list on the maalot baltimore website of all the grad schools people have gotten into.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 2:30 am
Umm...
I happen to know (first hand) that Darchei Binah will still accept for Shana Bet.
It's worth a try.

(sorry, I can't say who I am, or how I know. Just suffice to say that I do know.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics