Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Succos in Israel
1  2  Next

small bean

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 7:49 am
I will be coming to Israel for Succos. Does anybody know of any empty apartments in Jerusalem for succos and then for the shabbos after we would like to be in beit shemesh - anyone know of something available there for that shabbos?

Thanks.

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 7:51 am
beit shemesh proper? or rbs? in rbs there are many vacation rentals - apartments people rent out for short term usage for holidays and such. I can direct you to the site if thats what youre looking for

small bean

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:12 am
I don't know anything about israel... my husband wants to stay there just for shabbos because he wants me to see the neighborhood... (he thinks he's going to convince me to move there..) anyhow, can you direct me to the site?

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:20 am
looks like the site isnt working. rbsA is an younger anglo community filled with chareidim, chassidim, D'L, israelies americans and all other english, french and russian speaking crowds plus more. beit shemesh is more of the older crowd with much older apartments and such. sheinfelds is in beit shemesh, is D'L and nofei aviv, near sheinfelds is of the older DL crowd. then theres ramat beit shemesh bet which has some nice people, and the bulk of fanatic acid throwing protesting chareidim to put it bluntly. so if its rbsA that you think you would be visiting and where your dh would like to get you to like, I can keep my eye out for vacation and short term rentals and let you know Smile

small bean

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:24 am
yeah please do.. I really just want for the shabbos after succos. for succos itself he wants to be in jerusalem and the next week he wants to show me up north, which we will stay in a hotel for... (I was never in israel before - don't know anything)

small bean

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:24 am
oh and I think he's talking about rbsa then...

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:25 am
lol. arite. will try and keep my eyes open.

Bored

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:00 am
where in yerushalaim do you want to stay? How would you "label" (hate that term!) yourself? I konw of a succos rental in Sanhedria Murchevet. If you want more info, you can pm me

small bean

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:04 am
I don't know israel all... im Just plain frum...

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:08 am
small bean wrote:
I don't know israel all... im Just plain frum...
Do you wear black stockings and wig with a hat on top of it? stockings, whatever denier, and a sheital? no stockings and a tichel? pants and hair uncovered? it matters so you will be comfortable where you are renting.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:14 am
Not sure which Shabbat you're talking about but you DO know that for Chutznikim, Sukkot and Shmini Ateret/Simchat Torah are all Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday which goes right into Shabbat?

For Israelis the first day of Chol haMoed and Isru Chag are Fridays.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 9:50 am
fiddle wrote:
looks like the site isnt working. rbsA is an younger anglo community filled with chareidim, chassidim, D'L, israelies americans and all other english, french and russian speaking crowds plus more. beit shemesh is more of the older crowd with much older apartments and such. sheinfelds is in beit shemesh, is D'L and nofei aviv, near sheinfelds is of the older DL crowd. then theres ramat beit shemesh bet which has some nice people, and the bulk of fanatic acid throwing protesting chareidim to put it bluntly. so if its rbsA that you think you would be visiting and where your dh would like to get you to like, I can keep my eye out for vacation and short term rentals and let you know Smile

why when I go to ramat beit shemesh bet does no-one throw acid( I wouldnt want that anyhow) and I have been there at times? or are you saying they use acid in their cooking without measurements?

cant you find an accurate discription of the mix of ppl there? come on fiddle
you can do it
put a little
power to it!

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 10:49 am
tsiggelle wrote:
fiddle wrote:

why when I go to ramat beit shemesh bet does no-one throw acid( I wouldnt want that anyhow) and I have been there at times? or are you saying they use acid in their cooking without measurements?

you can do it
put a little
power to it!

if you were dressed in clothing not up to par with their standards - they will find a way to let you know. I didnt say they all throw acid. but all the fanatics live there.

joy613

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 10:54 am
For an apartment for Succos, look on luach.com or janglo.net
There are always alot of apartments for short term rent on those sites.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 1:51 pm
fiddle wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
fiddle wrote:

you can do it
put a little
power to it!

if you were dressed in clothing not up to par with their standards - they will find a way to let you know. I didnt say they all throw acid. but all the fanatics live there.

so say it like that, that they are sensitive to ways of dressing, and not all of them are like that, you put in horror pictures in my mind

fiddle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 1:54 pm
some of them are just that. and look how I wrote it. I wrote the good first. stop knocking posts just because you dont like the wording. its known for that. deal with it.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 4:28 pm
fiddle wrote:
some of them are just that. and look how I wrote it. I wrote the good first. stop knocking posts just because you dont like the wording. its known for that. deal with it.

forgive me please fiddle

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 4:08 am
if u want some of us who live in y-m can tell u about the neighborhood, u are looking into(once u look on janglo, or any other site). this is no joke about dress, its important u fit in. I think if u stay within in
nachloat
rachavia
sherei chesed
ramat eshkol
har nof
u can't go wrong. large anglo kehillot in above places.

make sure as u r looking, to ask if the sukkah can go on the mirpeset(porch of apt) or is it downstairs, or upstairs on the roof. do they have a succah, or u need to arrange your own. and which floor your apt is on.

lizard8

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 4:47 am
Ditto to diradirect.com and luach.com
Diradirect usually has more apartments, but you have to pay to view their contact info.
luach has less apartments, but its free to view (the apt. owner has to pay)

you can also try janglo.net

small bean

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 6:34 am
Thank you all. I'm checking it out...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions