Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Making the 1st day of school special

tziviakayla

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 6:33 pm
When my kids were in the local school, we always made the 1st day back a huge deal...pictures with backpacks, in front of the house, in front of the school, etc...

Now that they are homeschooled, I am looking for ideas on making it just as special! Plus, my son is enterring kindergarten, so this is a big deal, too. We'll still take first day pictures, but I am looking for other ideas as well. I'd like to have a clear distinction between "summer at home" and "school at home" and keep both special in their own way.

A few ideas I've had....but I'm looking for more...
Back to School cake and ice cream party
Picnic
Afternoon trip to the library
Special art or baking project

WWG1WGA

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 6:52 pm
Sounds like you're a good mom. Im sure whatever you decide to do , your kids will appreciate it. btw is it common for ppl to home school kids in your town? It sounds really special, I dont know anyone in my town who does that-but then again I dont think most ppl here are capable of doing so! Please share your experience!!

KAlex

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 1:17 pm
My SIL homeschools her kids, and their homeschool group has a not-back-to-school day when the local schools go back. I think they go to a museum, or toyshop, or whatever - something fun. OTOH I don't think they really stop teaching/learning for the summer. (They may do different things than in 'termtime', though.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling