Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What does your toddler wear on shabbos?
1  2  Next

fiddle

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 1:49 am
Spinoff of a comment made on another thread.

Do your toddlers wear dress clothes on shabbos?

My son wears anything from onesies to nice polo shirts and shorts. He's going to be 2 in month.

Dd wears short skirts and sleeveless shirts or short sleeve dresses. She's 3.5.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 1:55 am
My daughter wears short skirts and sleeveless shirts or short sleeve dresses in the summertime as well. But they are dress clothes reserved for Shabbos.

opinionatedbubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 2:13 am
When my kids became old enough for chinuch, of course I had them in Shabbos clothes, any thing nicer than usual that was set aside for Shabbos was fine, which meant a nice outfit that they could play in also. But from the time they were newborns, I dressed them for Shabbos- I remember a tiny tiny dress with lace- not for the kids, but to add to the Shabbos ambience, the scenery.........

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 2:41 am
my daughter is just over two. sometimes we put her on a nice jumper or sleeveless dress in the summer. sometimes I just leave her in shorts, it just depends. when it gets a little cooler and we are able to walk to shul, I will put her on a dress or nice tshirt and skirt, but for now, let her be comfortable.

also, many times when we go to the park on shabbat, I would rather that she wear pants as she is little and when she falls it will hurt less.

she has enough years to have to actually get dressed for shabbat when she gets a little older. for now its comfort.

mama-star

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 3:24 am
I try to put my 2 yr old in shabbos clothes every shabbos
sometimes it doesn't happen Very Happy and we're all ok with that

willow

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 3:43 am
My dd is 4 1/2 and loves clothes. She has special pretty shabbos dresses.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 3:46 am
The girls always had Shabbot clothing, mostly because people just loved to give me frilly girly things so why not for Shabbot.

Avraham Tzvi his first year or so wore nicer one piece or something I thought was nicer and designated for Shabbot. Now he wears a polo or button down shirt white or blue, and blue or black shorts / pants depending. The girls have Shabbot shoes, but he doesn't yet.

smilethere

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 7:59 am
I dress up my boys - 2.5 and 1.5. When they were younger I put on dressy one-pieces.
Now it's usually a pretty patterned tank top, a nice shirt (white/cream/light blue) and a nice trousers. For winter I had corduroy trousers, and in summer one grey striped and one black.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:15 am
pajamas!

When people visit unannounced I get a bit embarrassed but honestly they LOVE being in pj's. I have to battle with my oldest every morning to get dressed, so I give us both shabbos off.

If we go out then I have cute dresses for the older 2 and the baby wears a romper, or leggings and t-shirt.

Capitalchick

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:22 am
If I take my daughter to shul, a dress. If we're staying home...regular weekday clothes. She's 17 months..

saw50st8

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:58 am
We just try to avoid denim (sons are 2.5 and 11 months).

shopaholic

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:02 am
DD is 2.2 & we dont go to shul. We almost always have guests or eat out & she always gets dressed. Even when my kids are infants I dress them.

mae1984

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:11 am
My 2 1/2 year old wants it to be shabbat every day so that she can wear her 'pretty pink dress'... which is fast becoming the most raggedy item in her wardrobe!

shmaichul

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:18 am
Mykids are 2 and 4mo and I always get them dressed for shabbbos! I have really cute dresses for them and my dd always gets so excited to wear a shabbos dress, I really can't imagine putting them on weekday clothes on shabbos...

ididit

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:30 am
I've always dressed my toddlers and babies in special-for-shabbos clothes. right now the 2 1/2 year old has a set of soft cotton stretch velveteen pants and "big boy" short sleeve white button down shirts and a couple of vests he wears on shabbos.
I personally just go for comfort for the little ones, but the older kids complain when the little ones are not "properly dressed" for shabbos. in fact, I bought the "big boy" shabbos shirts because my 16 y.o. DS insisted that his little brother be properly shabbosdik Smile

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:32 am
I dress dd in "nice" clothes, like I do for myself. We don't have clothes set apart only for shabbes.

sped

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:36 am
Mine is an infant, not a todler. I dress him for Shabbos each wek. What else can I do with the 3-4 Shabbos outfits I received as gifts Rolling Eyes . This way, iu figure each one gets worn at least twice Smile.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:41 am
My DD has a navy Shabbos robe that she inherited from my niece. It's the highlight of her week when she puts it on after the bath. (yikes I'm waiting for the robe bashing spinoff to start....)

On Shabbos day she wears a Shabbos dress - again, this makes Shabbos so special for her.

I generally don't spend lots of $$$ on clothes for my 2-year-old - I can get bargain prices for not much. Her Shabbos dress cost me $11 on sale in gymboree. It's floral with a pink bow and in her eyes, the most gorgeous dress. She sometimes begs me for it when she sees it hanging, fresh from the wash...I have to hide it!

ef

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:43 am
ds is 4.5 he wears a two-piece boys version of robe. in summer its cotton and in winter he has a velour one. dd is 3 and wears a robe, db is 7 months and wears her nicer strechies

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:57 am
DS is 19 months old. He is my doll. He wears pants and a polo shirt when he goes to gan, shorts and a t-shirt for sleeping and around the house, and a button-up shirt and long pants for Shabbos.

He's a cute boy and I like to dress him up. DH likes it when he's wearing his gan clothes... he said that he 'looks like a mensch'
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics