Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What does your toddler wear on shabbos?
Previous  1  2

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 7:31 am
I buy my 10 month old a couple of nicer outfits every season that are set aside for shabbos. When he was a newborn a reserved his nicest gifts for shabbos.

During the week he generally wears jeans or khakis, so anything nicer is easy enough to call shabbos clothing.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:02 am
My boys are 2 and 4.

They typically wear:

nice polo and shorts. This year I found at childrens place nice knit polos,

Linen like shirts with shorts. (found great ones at Old Navy this year)

colored\plaid button down shirts with shorts with a coordinating tie.

[I try to keep the cost of the outifit to $15, sometimes it is $20)

My daughter is 9 months and she just wears her nicest outfit or a pretty dress that I found that matches my boys from children's place.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:42 am
My kids wear shabbos clothes since they've been babies. Nothing major -- not chassuna wear -- but nicer outfits. Eg. vest, shirt, and pants (any color, as long as it matches) for little boys (Now my 3.5 and 5 year olds wear button down shirts -- white for oldest, white or blue for second -- and dark pants.)

My 2 year old wears Shabbos dresses. Not fancy per se; it might be a sleeveless dress worn as a jumper with a white shirt underneath...but not denim or a material like that. She has a velvet black dress that is used as a "shabbos robe" for friday night. My clothes are either hand me downs or bought used, so I have not really spent more money on this at this point than having any outfit. And there is an inyan for kavod Shabbos. None of her dresses cost more than $6, and her summer ones this season were hand me downs (some new with tags!) -- why not let her wear them? Smile

My baby wears a dress on special occasions, but many times wears a snapped outfit that is fancier. E.g. she currently has a one-piece with the top overlaying the snapped up part so it looks like a dress with no diaper showing with black flowers on a white background. Or she'll wear a velour or collared sleeper...

Atali

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:10 am
At night all three of my kids (ages two to six) wear pajamas which I put on them straight after the bath. However, I will probably soon start having my boys wear shabbos clothes at night.

During the day my boys have always worn shabbos outfits since they were about six months old. This includes pants and a button-down shirt, and sometimes a vest or jacket as well. My DD wears shabbos dresses, which she would gladly wear every day if I would let her.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 10:05 am
my DD (almost4) wears Pj (and sometimes a Shabbos Robe, depending on her mood) at night. By day she often wants to stay in PJ's and I don't usually argue. She does have a number of beautiful Shabbos dresses (Bubby likes to buy her clothes LOL ) If we leave the house she definitely gets dressed.

Raspberry

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 10:45 am
If it's cold or we're somewhere with air conditioning I use shabbos clothes because it's fun for me to dress the kid up, when it's hot just a diaper because why should anyone suffer if they don't have to! I wish I could roam around like that... *sigh*...

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 11:09 am
When my son, who just turned two, goes to shul with his Papa, he wears "shabbos clothes." This includes button downs with slacks, or a polo and pants, and "nice" shoes like penny loafers. He even has a few suits that he wears on occassions. When he comes home I change him to be comfy, even if we have guests. If we are invited out, I just maybe take his button down off and put a sweater on if its cold. Otherwise just the onesie underneath.

Im ALL about comfort usually. I keep my kids in comfy cotton onesies until theyre like 2 years old, and feel no need to dress them in little "outfits" at such a toung age. Especially when theyre learning to move their bodies, roll over, crawl, walk, etc... they should be in pure comfort.

.. But... on shabbos I think its adorable to have my boy (since he was like 1) dress up when he goes to shul. It is something I enjoy seeing on him, something he learned to take pride in, and I think chinuch wise, it is good to show that we set our best aside for shabbos and that there is an appropriate way to go to shul.

Oh, mind you Friday night when he goes with his Papa to shul, he is in his Jammies (pajamas) since he comes home, hears kiddush and eats maybe a bit, and goes to sleep. I think that is age appropriate because he is comfy and cozy which goes along with how much he loves Friday night shul.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 7:00 pm
Dd has a few shabbos outfits. She has some more comfy but nice cotton knit two pieces she wears every shabbos.

zigi

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 7:45 pm
Raspberry wrote:
If it's cold or we're somewhere with air conditioning I use shabbos clothes because it's fun for me to dress the kid up, when it's hot just a diaper because why should anyone suffer if they don't have to! I wish I could roam around like that... *sigh*...

I do this my toddler gets dressed if its not boiling in the house. then he wears comfortable shabbos clothes like a nice polo shirt and pants. my 3 year old wears a white shirt and vest outfit. my dd wears a shabbos dress. and my 6 year old decided that he will only wear a suit.

ccc

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:01 pm
Friday: wears shabbos pjs right after bath. yes they do sell them! shoes:crocs
Shabbos morning: European shabbos outfit, goes to shul, shoes: Italian shabbos shoes
After shul: robe
Sometimes stay in outfit, depends what doing

5S5Sr7z3

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 10:51 am
My daughter is 2, and wears a 'nicer' dress that I generally find cheaply, since she tends to ruin Shabbos clothes pretty fast. Her Shabbos clothes dont last more the one season. My 4 year old wears white dress shirt, long pants, and he likes to wear vests on Shabbos.

Aribenj

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 2:51 pm
If we're just hanging out at home, shorts/polo shirt for boys, simple t-shirt dress for girls. If we go to shul or out to someone's house then it's shabbos dress for DD (sleeveless until she turned 3, now she wears a t-shirt or long-sleeved shirt under or a short sleeved sweater over it) and button down shirts (long or short sleeved, depending on the weather) for the boys. No matter what age. Even babies.
Hey, when else can they wear cute clothes??

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sat, Aug 21 2010, 6:10 pm
dd isnt exactly a toddler. She just turned a year, but I only dress her if we go out for a meal or if we are away for shabbos. In the apartment she stays in a onesie. Mostly because im afraid she will be cold if I put her on clothes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics