Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Subi

amother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 1:00 pm
What does this name mean? I met an Israeli guy by that name recently!

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
What does this name mean? I met an Israeli guy by that name recently!
I really hope you didn't because it sounds very much like a derogatory term for a man's "member". It's pronounced zoobee and I can't imagine a guy would want to walk around with a name resembling that.

Yippie

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 1:54 pm
I know a women whose name is "sobel" her nickname is subi...

amother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 2:02 pm
I know a girl named Subbi pronounced suh-bee.
I don't know if that's her given name; I always assumed it was a shortened name for Sara Bayla or something.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 2:46 pm
Please, no offense meant, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw this name was a cross between Sushi and Wasabi...Subi Smile

amother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 3:54 pm
I know a woman named Subi (Suh-bee), and I know another woman named Subi (Soo-bee). OP, which pronunciation have you heard.
I have no clue what their real names are.

SingALong

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 9:31 pm
I know someone named Sabi, pronounced suu-bee. I think that is the actual name, not a nickname for a different name.

ykn21

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 10:18 pm
[quote="Shopmiami49"]Please, no offense meant, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw this name was a cross between Sushi and Wasabi...Subi Smile[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to keep a straight face when I run into Subi from now on (I really do know of someone by that name) because I'll be thinking of sushi+wasabi Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

chillax

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 11:07 pm
My first reaction was huh? Is that a name? How do you pronounce it? Suh-bee? Soobee?
Either way I don't like it. Sorry.

elf123

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 12:14 am
Wasn't "Sue-Bee" the brand name of honey they used to have on "The Price is Right?" I knew it sounded familiar....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names