Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Stein Yeshiva

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 12:00 am
So my dc just started in the 3 y/o class. There was no orientation and no note was sent home saying what dc will be doing in class, class schedule...basically I feel really in the dark about what dc will be doing all day. teachers seem too busy to talk to during the school day. I am not feeling too thrilled about this.

Anyone ever have experience with this school/age group? Is this what goes on normally?

its all good

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:24 am
I actually worked at this school a couple years ago and from what I remember the academics were really good- though at times I thought they were maybe pushing the kids to hard-but things might have changed since...

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 10:48 am
OP here. im really curious about info on the early childhood program this year. especially since morah b has left.

BUMP

speciwoman

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 11:03 am
My son is also in the 3 year-old class. Which classroom is your child in?

This is my experience with Stein: they do not necessarily volunteer information on their own, but they are willing to give it to you if you ask. Sometimes you may just need to push. I suggest that you do one of three things:

1. Email/call Rabbi Cherns with your questions. He will get back to you.

2. Call the school and ask to speak to Morah Gabin.

3. Do you drop your child off in the mornings? If so, go in and ask the morahs your questions. Tell them if they can't answer you now, you would like them to call you later in the day and set up a specific time.

I also wish they would send home a schedule, teacher contact info, etc. I would even know my son's morahs' names if I hadn't emailed Rabbi Cherns to ask. To be honest, though, some of this communication was bad, even when Becky was there.

I am also very hopeful that they will send weekly photos this year, like they did last year. Time will tell...

Let me know what you find out! I'm curious too! Smile

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 5:54 pm
bump bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics