Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What's needed to be a preschool teacher in ny (frum schools)

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:08 am
Hello,

I am looking for some guidance. I am a preschool teacher in a very out of town community. I am moving to a more in town location and I would like to become a preschool teacher there a well. I believe the requirements are different there then here. Where I work you just need a high school diploma. I would like to prepare and work on any certifications or degrees I will need to teach. Are there any online programs that are recommended?

FYI: I grew up very modern so I don't have the typical BY seminary on my resume so I know a lot of schools probably wont even look at me. I am very close to completing my bachelors degree in education.

thank you for you help!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:17 am
I live just outside 'in town". I am in far rockaway and I have found it EXTREMELY east to get preschool jobs here. I only have a HS diploma AND I am a convert of only 4 years (been teaching preschool 3 of those years!) getting a job THIS late in the year might be hard you might have to be an assistant for a year and then move up but as far as I know no special degree required atleast here.

anon because I gave WAy too much info in that post Smile

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:22 am
Wow. That's VERY interesting. Thank you! I am actually not moving till May so this is really for next year. I am just trying to get everything organized so I can apply for next year. We are actually looking strongly into the five towns. what preschools are there? I only know TAG. Is it relatively easy to get a job there too? thanks so much!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:29 am
I can give you specific information and would love to help you out as best as I can why don't you e-mail me. smashthebox@yahoo.com

shopaholic

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 3:05 pm
I taught for 4 years, took a few years break & now am teaching again without anything more than a high school diploma. Only Head Start programs won't take you as the main teacher without a degree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics