Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Roast wrapped in string- how to cook

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 7:13 am
I have a roast that is wrapped up in string. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyways, what do I do with it, do I cut off the string before I put the roast in the pot? Or am I supposed to cook it with it? and what's the point of it?

thanks

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 7:36 am
I always cook it with the string, and cut the string after. That's how I was told to do it. I'm not sure what the point of the string is though, maybe to hold it together?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 7:48 am
The point is to hold the roast together. Leave it on for cooking. Remove before serving.

mama-star

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 8:05 am
yep - cook it with the netting on and cut it off afterwards before serving.

smilethere

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 8:08 am
And don't forget to cut the roast only when cold - keep in the fridge for a day or two before slicing. Otherwise it just falls apart.

A tip I wasn't told the first time I cooked a roast.

malky800

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:18 pm
I can cut if when cold from a fridge? I can't remember if I was supposed to put it in the fridge or freezer?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 1:32 pm
malky800 wrote:
I can cut if when cold from a fridge? I can't remember if I was supposed to put it in the fridge or freezer?
Yes. Allow it to cool. Then refrigerate it until totally cold. Then slice. Then you can freeze it if you'd like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen