Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
In what order to teach?

mommy#1

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 10:28 pm
I have a half hour every day to teach about the yomim tovim. I want to spend 2 days on yom kippur and the rest on succos, for lack of other time to teach about succos. should I teach about yom kippur on monday and tuesday, and the rest teach about succos, or should I start with succos, then on wednesday and thursday switch to yom kippur, and next week go back to succos?

the first way is better because it doesnt get them confused, teaching about one topic, then stopping and going on to another topic, to come back to the first topic. but the second way is better, because they'll learn about yom kippur right before it actually is, instead of being in middle of learning about succos when yom kippur comes.
these students are special ed, if that makes a difference. very special ed...

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 10:33 pm
wat age r u teaching it might be better to do the second option as theil get the yk info right b4 then ull freshen up on succos the next week in addition to what they did already b4 good luck!

alpidarkomama

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 12:04 am
I would stick to one subject at a time. So it sounds like you have six or seven 30-minute sessions?? What about 2 for YK, like you said, all but the last for sukkos, then in the last session, do a review of the highlights of both holidays??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics