Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
IYH I'll soon have baby pets (don't like? don't look!)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 3:32 pm
DONT LIKE DONT LOOK

So, IYH, I may have adorable baby ratties in one month or so.

The parents are Adino and Revava. We put them in the "yichud cage" last night. Mati demanded we sing chuppa songs LOL

I'll post pics of the big belly IYH, and then of the babies.

any question? LOL

milchigs

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 3:38 pm
Cuuuuuuuuute!!!!

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 3:39 pm
Very cute. Maybe I'll have to post pix of my 2 guinea pigs. They're also real cute! No yichud for them though. They're both BOYS. 8)

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 3:41 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Very cute. Maybe I'll have to post pix of my 2 guinea pigs. They're also real cute! No yichud for them though. They're both BOYS. 8)
oohhhhh, please do Smile my sister had a guinea pig and I thought they were sooooo cute Smile

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 3:46 pm
Please do Chossidmom! I Heart guinea pigs. I have 3 (soon 5). I'm not sure I will breed them, though.

My poor ratties had difficulties in the beginning, they would have needed a kalla & chosson teacher badly. BH they finally understood. Oh and the way they love each other, it's crazy. Both weren't so social with same gender but now, wow! they spend their day doing everything together, always in physical contact. shock

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:00 pm
My guinea pigs fight alot. I dunno why. There's no girl to fight over.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:03 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
My guinea pigs fight alot. I dunno why. There's no girl to fight over.

are they friends maybe? some friends do tend to fight a lot, but still stay together

anon

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:05 pm
Are ratties another way of saying "rat"? People find rats cute?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:06 pm
Has one of them been in contact (even just cages too close) with a girly? or did they meet as adults? is the cage big enough? this can cause fighting.

It can decrease fighting if everyone has his own cloth to sleep, bottle, place for food.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:17 pm
anon wrote:
Are ratties another way of saying "rat"? People find rats cute?

Yeah, sure. Rat.
People find them cute after they're exposed to their niceness, affection, intelligence, solidarity, fun tricks they teach each other and adorable ears Wink

My rats take care of the smaller ones, not just THEIR kids. Also of the old and of the disabled, not just THEIR family. The Talmud says we can learn from animals Smile

They're also a mitsva because you give them leftovers and you don"t waste. Wink They're much cleaner than dogs too.

Butterfly

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:38 pm
Ruchel wrote:
DONT LIKE DONT LOOK

The parents are Adino and Revava. We put them in the "yichud cage" last night. Mati demanded we sing chuppa songs LOL

any question? LOL
How old is the couple?
How would you know if Adino conceived last night??
How long from time of conception till full term?
How many baby ratties can a mamma rattie carry at once?

I wonder what color eyes the newbies will have.. brown or pink??

Have lots of nachas Cheers Cheers

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:42 pm
awww..pics pics!! we used to have mice and a friend had rats. I preferred the mice but we always played with the rats when we visited her house.
now we only have cats and hermit crabs...lol.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:51 pm
The daddy is 1 yr old. It's good to have an older guy to be in charge so we know his personality well. This one is calm and quiet, he'll be a good example to his sons.
The mommy (Revava) is exactly 5 months. Good age, maybe a tiny bit on the young side, but she was really ready and it showed LOL

I'm not sure she has conceived. There is a good chance since they have not been doing the mitsva today, which means she was not in the mood (pregnant rats are not in the mood at all). Also he's very protective. When she climbs somewhere he stays behind all extended to catch her in case she falls. shock
If she's pregnant, she'll put on weight but I won't really see it before the last week of pregnancy, which is very short for a rat (22 days). Halevai! Wink

She may have one to 20+ babies, but a first pregnancy is generally a lower number. I'm betting on 6?

I'm davening for healthy babies first Wink the eyes will probably be half half. I think the hair will be cream, unless I messed up and one is a dilution of black and the other of brown, then they can be... anything!!!
http://boardmanweb.com/rattery.....s.htm rats genetics is complicated, I regret not following in biology!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 5:06 pm
I want to add that my vet does IVF but if they cannot conceive, so be it, I won't get treatments for her (it's more for "beauty pageant" rats who haaaave to leave a descendancy, not regular girlies). And yes I was shock when I saw it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fancy_rat

#1baker

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 6:07 pm
Ruchel wrote:
DONT LIKE DONT LOOK

any question? LOL

this is so gross!!!! who would want mice as pets?????

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 6:11 pm
#1baker wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
DONT LIKE DONT LOOK

any question? LOL

this is so gross!!!! who would want mice as pets?????

They're not mice. They're RATS MWAHAHAHAHAHAA Twisted Evil

Butterfly

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 7:09 pm
Ruchel wrote:

If she's pregnant, she'll put on weight but I won't really see it before the last week of pregnancy, which is very short for a rat (22 days). Halevai! Wink

Only 22 days pregnant?? that's all?? shock Than I pray that in my next gilgul I should be born a mama-rattie!!

Ruchel wrote:

She may have one to 20+ babies, but a first pregnancy is generally a lower number. I'm betting on 6?

20 babies at once??? Mad OH no! never mind! I don't want to be a mammaratie never ever!! I couldn't even handle 6 at a time!!

BTW, with how many breasts does a mamarattie come with?? And in-case she only has two or four, how many nipples on each?? She's gotta feed 20 of 'em ke'h right?Twisted Evil

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 10:24 am
First baker, that's so gross, who would want to comment when asked not to?????

Butterfly, mama rattie has 12 breasts. So with more than 12 kids, there is fighting among the kids, and you may have to buy pet formula and be the nurse. Up every 2 hours even at night. Gah. It's better to have two mamas have kids at the same time in case one doesn't have milk or can't handle her kids (rats can have PP depression...or be very tired after an emergency c section... for real lol).

Among guinea pigs the male has breasts too and in case of dire need, he sometimes can nurse (much like men, see search engine here lol).

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:39 am
how are you going to keep her from eating the babies? I once lost a baby hamster to its mother. It was so sad!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:49 am
Normally, a well fed, non depressed mother will not eat her babies unless they're dead or dying. I hope!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets