Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Husbands ushpizin
1  2  Next

#1baker

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 12:16 am
Anybody has any good nice desserts to make for my husbands ushpizin???

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 3:29 pm
If youwant a dessert, you can ask stam or do a search.

Otherwise, post in the Chassidsiche section; I don't think most posters here realize what you are tallking about.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 3:43 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
If youwant a dessert, you can ask stam or do a search.

Otherwise, post in the Chassidsiche section; I don't think most posters here realize what you are tallking about.

Yup.
This is definitely gonna make the thread titles thread.

freidasima

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 4:03 pm
What? Only chassidim do it?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 4:46 pm
freidasima wrote:
What? Only chassidim do it?

Our inquiring minds need to know: do what?

LadyG

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 6:20 pm
I think chassidim make something special on the day of the ushpizin that someone in the family has the same name. I know when my Williamsburg cousin was a kallah, she sent over a special cake to her chosson on the fourth day because his name was Moshe, just like the ushpizin of that day.
To the OP, I'm sure there's yummy stuff listed in the dessert section.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:09 pm
also - this is posted in the soup section

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:15 pm
LadyG wrote:
I think chassidim make something special on the day of the ushpizin that someone in the family has the same name. I know when my Williamsburg cousin was a kallah, she sent over a special cake to her chosson on the fourth day because his name was Moshe, just like the ushpizin of that day.

Really?? Guess I missed out on something big. Do I have to change my menu now, as my son's name is Avraham??

happy chick

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:20 pm
never heard of this, but we're gonna be in for some fun. we have yitzchok, yaakov, dovid, moshe and eliyahu in the family. oh boy, where do we start?

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:26 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
LadyG wrote:

Really?? Guess I missed out on something big. Do I have to change my menu now, as my son's name is Avraham??

You never heard of it before? every year we celebrate on my father's...

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:29 pm
bnm wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
LadyG wrote:

No, although I do recall my aunt making fancy cakes, but she served those after every meal... I patchka anyway, but I'm not making up a reason for it (just in case I'm not in the mood of patchkening Wink ). I'd love to know where such ideas originate from, though...

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:30 pm
happy chick wrote:
never heard of this, but we're gonna be in for some fun. we have yitzchok, yaakov, dovid, moshe and eliyahu in the family. oh boy, where do we start?

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:31 pm
Can someone explain this to me? I don't get it.

KAlex

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:56 pm
happy chick wrote:

Adopt an Avraham and an Aharon? Wink

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:00 pm
We do it sometimes unofficialy for the kicks of it. It makes the kid feel special. We buy ice cream or something like neoplian from the bakery for everyone and say it's in honor of ... because tonight he shares an ushpizen with .... and eat it all in the succah.

You want a dessert in a soup form?

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 10:48 pm
KAlex wrote:
happy chick wrote:

Eliyahu isn't one of the ushpizin

B"H

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:10 am
never heard of this but it sounds cute! my husband and son are both "ushpizin" so maybe I'll do something Smile

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:55 am
lech lecha08 wrote:
KAlex wrote:
happy chick wrote:

Eliyahu isn't one of the ushpizin

I was gonna post that! I have 3 sons, and only one of them is not from the ushpizin - and he's Eliyahu!

smilethere

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 6:36 am
My husband has a simchas beis hashoava in shul every night, so for his ushpizin I just send with a nice kugel. There are usually 3-4 'ushpinzinim' every night, so plenty of different kugels for everyone.

In my family - we have all the ushpizin, my mother doesn't make anything special, but we do mention it, make a little fuss, and usually the one whose ushpizin it is gets the bentching.

My bechor has an ushpizin too, so maybe I'll serve ice cream. He's still little, but maybe when he's older I'll let him choose his favourite cake / dessert, and then serve it for that nights meal.

zigi

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 9:54 am
bnm wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
LadyG wrote:

I never heard of this before. I have 2 of them. maybe I will do something.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics