Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Borat- for real!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 1:24 pm
Sefardim name their children after living relatives.

As much as you like the movie, there are people who don't.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 1:31 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
mimivan wrote:
Isn't Borat an anti-Semite?
If you like the movie so much, name the baby after Sacha Baron Cohen...(wait..he's living and not sephardic..so maybe not)

Sefardim name their children after living relatives.

As much as you like the movie, there are people who don't.

I agree! I had vomiting reflexes for weeks after I watched that movie. You don't want peoples reaction to your child being one of disgust.

MamaBird

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 4:18 pm
good thing you're not giving out your real names. no one will notice "Borat"'s mommy and daddy. this is a joke, right? a name should reflect the amazing neshama and person inside your beautiful baby. I doubt your wonderful child is an ignorant, anti-semitic, using a street for a bathroom, obnoxious [slow person], for lack of a better word. I would think twice.

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 4:35 pm
LOL This has to be one of those Hashkafa guys Pulling our leg !!!!!!!!!!!!!
If not .....SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!! Very Happy

amother

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 2:21 pm
is this about you or your child????? if you love the name so much how about changing your own name??? no seriously

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 3:47 pm
Did no one else notice how similar Borat is to Brat? Just saying.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 4:03 pm
Baron is actually a nice name if you go for old Sefardic names... Sacha = alexander = a name I love. I do prefer Sash(I)a on a girl like the wife of rabbi Nachman. Smile

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 4:29 pm
I really liked Star Trek. Maybe I'll name my next child Mr. Spock.

Or maybe Batman.

Hmmmmmm.

shosh

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 5:31 pm
ChossidMom wrote:

Or maybe Batman.

Hmmmmmm.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 6:58 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Baron is actually a nice name if you go for old Sefardic names... Sacha = alexander = a name I love. I do prefer Sash(I)a on a girl like the wife of rabbi Nachman. Smile

his hebrew name is סשה נעם ברון כהן

chasidisteh

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 7:14 pm
I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous attempt at a post. I hope this is a joke and if its not seriously OP you are bringing a child into this world and you want to name him for a fictional character who in th emovie rolls around naked with a fat guy.. seriously ..

shalhevet

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 7:24 pm
ChossidMom wrote:

Or maybe Batman.

Hmmmmmm.

And be ensured of a place at the cheder of your choice in your neck of the woods, right?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 10:14 pm
OP here. no need to get nasty, just said we were thinking abt it!!!

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 10:35 pm
You can legally change your own English name to anything you want, once we're on the topic.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

anon

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 11:12 pm
The OP already admitted it was a joke. In hindsight, of course it was.

Please don't feed the troll anymore, we've been made enough of a mockery as it is.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 11:29 pm
OP here, never said it was a joke. my response to Atali was a light hearted response to lighten the mood after feeling very, very attacked! just keep in mind that the names others pick for their children may result in a similar reaction from me but I dont attack pple for their choice of names!!!

Raizle

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, we're actually planning on using the english name when our child is born (boy or girl) im not really sure why pple are having such strong reactions I can think of worse names that kids are walking around with. also its not for sure the name we're using its just something we're contemplating. tell me honestly is genendy or yentel any better? I know all the decisions my DH and I make will effect our childs future but as long as he has my DH confidence trust me he'll be able to pull anything off!!!!

Yes the are better by far! and I would never name my kid those names either.

if you want your kid to have your husband's confidence then you need to give him a good confident start in life and naming him a name that without a doubt will invite mockery will not be helping in any way.
You can't just place your bets on your child's potential personality and hope he'll be confident enough to carry it off!
And it is possible to not have confidence even if your parents have it. (especially if you parents put you in a ludicrous position that would demote your confidence)

anon

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, never said it was a joke. my response to Atali was a light hearted response to lighten the mood after feeling very, very attacked!!

Well from here on end, I'll be treating it like a joke, and those who are still responding, in my mind, are feeding a troll.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 12:48 am
ValleyMom wrote:
My cousin is a pediatrician and she had a 15 year old mother whose name was... Shonda!
As in: "Oy this is a shonda!"

I hope you guys had your littke giggle and are done considering Borat as a name..
Personally I think Fart would be much cooler. (sarcasm intended)

Rolling Laughter

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 12:54 am
amother wrote:
OP here. my husband and I both have very common jewish names (like sara, chaya, devorah, chaim, moshe etc) not gona give real names bec I have friends on this website. but we both wish we had names that werent so common. and yes genendy and yentel are common in some communities, in ours its common to use english names.... I hear the whole, name after an ancestor but I also would like to add some new names to our family. its kinda annoying to go to a family simcha and when someone calls out "rivka" have 20 ppls (no joke) turn around bec every1 is named after an ancestor!!!
ps. I know we dont live in hollywood but its very common by stars to give ur kids a different kind of name (apple, brooklyn, bronx) jst a thought....
my DH and I are unique pple with unique tastes and choices and we're very independent!

It's obvious that you think naming your son Borat is a good idea. No one will change your mind. But I would make sure to save up money for your kids psychologist bills now. People will make fun of him in every place he works, Likely none of his friends will get the reference, being that you kid will most likely be in a yeshiva.

If you were my parents, I'd hate you for this. But don't let my opinion change what you do for your kid.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names