Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Advice needed ASAP-regarding my yom tov food!What can I use?

Basimcha

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 12:52 pm
After being away for the week, I came home to find my freezer slightly open (something blocked it --and it didnt shut totally) Now all my food for Yom Tov including challahs, meats, kugels, cakes, and ice cream all melted. I assume the meats I can dumb---what about the noodles and cabbage, noodle kugel, challahs and cakes that have whip???

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 1:52 pm
I am so awfully sorry!!!!!

is any of the food still cold? the baked goods if still cold can probably be used. The meat of course I'd dump, the kugels probably too. is everything completely warm?

I'm so sorry, this is every balabuste's nightmare!

Basimcha

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 2:15 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

is any of the food still cold? the baked goods if still cold can probably be used. The meat of course I'd dump, the kugels probably too. is everything completely warm?

Oh thanks Mama Bear--at least you replied!!! Yeah the food is still cold but totally defrosted!!

Tehilla

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 2:21 pm
Do you have other food? Do you need help for Yom Tov?

Barbara

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 2:24 pm
Basimcha wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Oh thanks Mama Bear--at least you replied!!! Yeah the food is still cold but totally defrosted!!

If its still cold, it may still be usable -- as if you'd defrosted it in the refrigerator.

Basimcha

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 3:04 pm
Tehilla wrote:
Do you have other food? Do you need help for Yom Tov?

Thanks Tehilla, I started cooking now again---and I can finsh in Yom Tov as well. It will be simple food now. I really appreciate your offer to help!!

Basimcha

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 3:05 pm
Barbara wrote:
Basimcha wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

If its still cold, it may still be usable -- as if you'd defrosted it in the refrigerator.

So which foods do you think I can use?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen