Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How to teach a class online with streaming (live) video?

fortunate123

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 8:26 pm
I want to start teaching graphic design online. Does anyone know how to teach a class online? I did a google search but couldn't come up with any website that supports video conferencing for more than 6 users at a time. And the virtual classroom sites I found online didn't seem to enable streaming video, just audio and uploaded files for notes and visuals. I want it to be like a virtual classroom where they can see me and what I am doing on my computer. Anyone know anything like this?
Thanks!

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 9:06 pm
gotowebinar.com is most commonly used (or gotomeeting.com). I personally use this one and it's quite easy to just show what you're doing on the computer.

there's also duplication 123 but I've never used that one.

DON'T do the virtual classroom sites for this purpose. They're great for participant fora and audio/video DOWNLOADs, but for live streaming video, stick with gotowebinar. You don't need video conferencing (where everyone can see each other)--- though I've done that with a facebook app, it's kinda clunky. You don't need anyone to see anyone else's faces, right? Just your computer? So gotowebinar is definitely what you want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers