Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
ISO a nice, age-appropriate arts and crafts idea for parsha

mommy#1

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 9:21 pm
I teach a special ed class, 11-13 years old. I want to make a project for parshas lech lecha, and I found a very cute one on chinuch.org, but its for little kids. my students are pretty low-functioning, but I dont want them to come home with a project that a regular 3-yr-old class is making. I found this, and I think its real cute, http://www.challahcrumbs.com/S.....d=223
but I would need too many baby jars-dont think I could get them on time. any other ideas? tia

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 10:31 pm
What about baking? Making cookies in star shapes, etc.

mommy#1

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 11:38 pm
Thanks so much! I actually thought of that, but I teach 2 different classes, each for only 1/2 hour, right before they go home, so there's no time for an oven there, especially in the 2nd class. But thanks!

sped

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 12:31 am
I used to make a camel with suitcases to show Avraham traveling. We would do a double cutout of a camel from the edge of a manila folder, so it was attached on top, staple the feet down on a peice of card. Use little boxes - like matchboxes for the suitcases - glue on. Of course, they should decorate it. Since they are older - not 3 years old - I would have them glue sand on the card (for the desert) and cover the suitcases, each with with different colors of contact paper or big stickers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics